JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Big Will & Luda performin live

JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA Monday Apr.18.2005 /netmusiccountdown.com/ -- MTV Network is getting ready to launch its 100th channel, and Ludacris and Will Smith will be on hand to help celebrate the event.

Allhiphop.com reports that this Wednesday, April 20, Ludacris and Smith are set to headline an open-air concert in Johannesburg, South Africa to mark the launch of MTV's newest channel, called "MTV base." MTV base is the network's first local African music channel. Over 10,000 fans are expected to attend the Ludacris-Will Smith show, which also features talent from across Africa.

MTV plans to air highlights from the Johannesburg concert on its other channels sometime next month.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i wonder if there's some way 2 hear this! i'd really like 2 hear this. i don't know of anyone here that lives in Africa and would be able tape this but it says it will be broadcasted on other MTV channels next month. hey Tim, tell us if there's anywhere we can hear the performance live!

Will is really taking the job as ambassador of the 46664 foundation seriously. He wants to promote South Africa's beauty to make ppl come and see it. And not be discourage about what they see on tv about Africa. So Will isn't that concer about making a profit. But I wish I could see the concert. :angel: Please let JJ&FP do a world-wide tour. :thumb:

Edited by Angel Amor

Do y'all think that Will could sell out concerts?

I'm not so sure about it...

Haven't you seen the pictures from any concerts he's done in the last year, everytime it has been packed out.

Will is really taking the job as ambassador of the 46664 foundation seriously. He wants to promote South Africa's beauty to make ppl come and see it. And not be discourage about what they see on tv about Africa. So Will isn't that concer about making a profit. But I wish I could see the concert.  :angel:  Please let JJ&FP do a world-wide tour. :thumb:

i was thinking that as well, but since the MTV channel that they're launching is gonna be based in Africa...it only makes sense to have it there LOL but I'm sure 46664 has lots to do with it

Edited by willjadafan