JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Tell Me Why, 2nd single, right decision ?

Yesterday I had a chit chat with AJ about this,

he agrees with me that it doesn't seem very logical to put up

a slow meaningfull song on the start of summer,

I've tried to understand will's logic behind it, I just can't come up with any good reason

why to release this as the 2nd single, I mean if this was september or even february I wouldnt have a beef with it, am I the only one trippin' about this ?

The best thing would be to put up pump ya brakes, party starter, remix,

I wish I made that or even Lost & Found, mainly because it's summer and I don't

think many people during the summer would enjoy and boost the song that well as it could in september, you dig me ?

Will's a very smart guy, and he knows marketing better then anyone else,

so will has to have a BIG reason for this, what do ya guys think the reason is ?

TELL ME WHY is this the 2nd single at the start of SUMMER,

WHY ?

Ps: Got anyone any info if there's gonna air a music video for the switch remix with elephant men ?

Edited by Typhoon20

• Members

maybe im a lil late but how do u know this is the 2nd single?..i agree with u tho, summertime is when ppl like to pump their music in their cars and things like that but u never know becuz the song is that deep and powerful ppl might just feel the track n e way! hopefully!

FP has said in an interview or 2 that "Tell Me Why" is gonna be the next single. I personally think he should drop something like "Party Starter" for the summertime. Then drop "Tell Me Why" in September. However, there is that really old news that there is a video for a remix of "Switch," and the Reggae Remix promo CD for it waz recently released....who' knows. I think the remix is release is a good idea.

I think FP's main logic with releasing "Tell Me Why" next is that it is one of the best songs he's ever done. It would be hard 4 anyone 2 not like this song. I think he knows that he only has so many chances 2 get a hit on his hand and maybe he dosen't wanna waist any time. We gotta remember that Black Eyed Peas "Where Is The Love" turned in2 a huge hit and it waz the 1st release off Elephunk and it waz released in the summertime.

We'll see how this all plays out.

well that's a very good point that the summer time isn't a good time 2 release Tell Me Why. but, i'm not gonna argue cuz i'm just glad Will is doin his thing with this album and that there's actually already one single already released that's not a movie soundtrack and that there's more to come. i think that Tell Me Why will still be successful because it's such a powerful song, but i do agree that right now is not the best time to release it

Though summer is still 2 months away, at this point, I certainly agree. If not released by the end of April, there doesn't seem to be enough time to have Tell Me Why really grip audiences before we would want Party Starter released to take over the summer. Yet, if Tell Me Why is released soon, Party Starter can still be released somewhere around the beginning of July... but, lately, it's looking less and less feasible. We'll see how things turn out. Incidentally, I'll be bumping Party Starter in the summer (loud) regardless of whether it's been released or not... parties, in the whip, outside... people will know...

I would say Pump ya breaks now actually. It's not a club songs or deep song. but something to vibe with. It's not good releasing two club singles after eachother.

i dont think Will should really release it in the summer coz i agree something like party starter would be better, but i do really wanna see this released at some point. The video for it is gonna be great plus its Wills chance to show the world what rap is about and how good a lyricist he is.

The only thing im worried about is if interscope plan on releasing a lot of stuff. Hopefully they arnt gonna do a crappy job like columbia did with b2r and only release 2 videos. I cant really see that happerning tho, at least i really hope not! This song has to get released at some point tho.

To be honest i think Tell Me Why will do great whenever it is released, although i agree that it may not reach it's full potential if it's released during the summer which would be such a shame considering it's greatness. I think people are just too carefree in the summer to really feel a deep song like TMW. However AJ made a good point about BEP releasing Where Is The Love. I spose we never really know which way people are gonna go.

I personally would love for I Wish I Made That to be released during the summer (mainly coz it's my fave on L+F), i just love everything about that track. And of course Party Starter! I just can't stop playing it! Definately a summer track...lol i'm sure everyone who lives near me already knows it!

• Admin

I think after Switch Will has to show everyone that he is saying something on this album.. if he released another party single it could be 8 or 9 months before anyone realizes how good lost & found is.. hes got the pop/club fans with switch.. now lets release tell me why, and wake up a whole new audience to what Will's saying.. personally I dont think the fact that its a little warmer should have any impact on people feeling this song..