JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Lost and Found has sold more than 686, 086 Copies

Hero1

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, in the grand scheme of things, hip hop sales are really dropping, which makes it all the more impressive that Will can keep his sales so consistent. It will be interesting to see what kind of effect Party Starter will have on sales.

Here's this week's numbers:

43 SMITH*WILL LOST & FOUND 23,008 -4 23,875 525,997

It's only 474,003 until platinum now, it should be platinum by Halloween if "Party Starter" hits #1 and the album sells at least 30,000 each week, "Tell Me Why" could then release with the tour and help it get to double platinum status! I think even Kanye West's gonna even struggle to go platinum 'cause even all the hype on him producing Common's album is seeing Common struggle to even go gold.

i dont know, i dont think theres any danger of kanye not goin plat, he shud be plat in three weeks released tops,and i think hell go gold first week and hes one of the few artists who can do that. You cant judge his popularity on commons sales as hes not a commercial rapper, to be honest i think that BE is a bit boring, it just washes over me. :sleep2: Anyone agree?

Edited by Stoichennium

It took Kanye West 4 hit singles to go double platinum on "College Dropout", plus I actually seen Common's new "Go" video getting more airplay than Kanye's "Diamonds..." video(deservingly so in my opinion, that "Diamonds" video sucks to me, I liked "Jesus Walks" better), so that's not a good sign for him, I think his hype's ending soon, the song's not even in the top 40 yet so don't be surprised if he doesn't go platinum in 3 weeks, not even the Black Eyed Peas are selling that much with their single being one of the top singles out right now, the only people that sell 5 million now is the ones that do something controversial or put out a gimmick, so it won't be a biggie if Will doesn't sell that much, it's better to get respect than be called a sell-out and I think that's what Will's most concerned about.

Yeah, I have noticed that airplay for Diamonds is already slipping. The remix is much better, and is the one that should be with the video, because he actually talks about the blood diamonds that are in the video. Anyways, I think that Will will eventually go platinum, how long depends on how successful "Party Starter" is and when and if "Tell Me Why" is released.

Here's this week's sales:

43 SMITH*WILL LOST & FOUND 20,363 -11 23,008 546,360

Only 453,640 more until platinum!

453,640 is a lot of albums to sell, especially after it has been out for 3 and a half months. Once Party Starter really hits we will know how long it will take for it to go platinum.

Only 453,640 more until platinum!

That's a very difficult task to accomplish, probably even by Will Smith. :hmm:

Will's sold 546, 360 copies off of arguably the weakest track on the album so don't doubt him going multi platinum when he releases stronger songs from the album, it usually takes more than one single to go gold in the 1st place so don't doubt Will!

Yeah, Party Starter is so much better than Switch, hopefully the sales will reflect that.

• Admin

Switch is a good single..but theres no way you'd know how dope lost and found is by hearing that.. Wills got things to say! and he says it in the 3rd verse of party starter so I'm looking forward to people hearin that