JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Lost and Found has sold more than 686, 086 Copies

Hero1

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great stuff, im glad this album is doing pretty well off the back of just one single. I think its got great possibilites to push around the 2 million mark if all singles and promotion is done as it shud be

Yeah it's looking good, all those critics who thought that Will's career was done after "Born To Reign" can kiss Will's ass now! :pony:

Hahaha yeah, exactly!!! ( But I don't think they want to do that... ) :haha:

40 SMITH*WILL LOST & FOUND 23,969 -21 30,511 503,083

That's the real figures.

Good question, reborn2reign, and I wish I knew the answer, but unfortunately, I don't. Someone else respond.

well it went Gold in exactly 3 months! is that above or below the average artist to go Gold in these days?

i think it's great that Will went gold in 3 months but i think it took a little too long. faith evans "the first lady" took less than 2 months and of course the nimrod 50 cent went platinum plus in a week. other artists like Coldplay went gold in a week so it depends. i think Will still should be around 2 million at this point but this music industry is wack. it's all about politics and butt-kissing and Will has too much integrity for that.

well it went Gold in exactly 3 months! is that above or below the average artist to go Gold in these days?

i think it's great that Will went gold in 3 months but i think it took a little too long. faith evans "the first lady" took less than 2 months and of course the nimrod 50 cent went platinum plus in a week. other artists like Coldplay went gold in a week so it depends. i think Will still should be around 2 million at this point but this music industry is wack. it's all about politics and butt-kissing and Will has too much integrity for that.

If it was 1989 going gold in 3 months would be amazing since rap albums didn't hit #1 on the charts then, but this is 2005 where albums could go gold in a week sometimes if they hit #1 on the chart the 1st week, but Will's the only rapper from the late '80s to still sell like it was 1989, lol, by staying on the charts for a year and going double platinum which could still happen, if you look at De La Soul and KRS-ONE sales for their last albums it wasn't pretty, who used to go platinum the time JJFP was back in the '80s, now they're selling less than 100,000 in almost a year with their latest efforts, sure they're on independent labels but they're legends, people should buy their albums 'cause a lot more people know who they are, so it's amazing to see Will Smith relevant still 'cause most ol' school hip-hop cats get no love on the charts, btw Faith Evans didn't go gold yet, this is her latest sales, she only sold 400,894, it musta shipped gold:

166 EVANS*FAITH FIRST LADY 6,067 -17 7,346 400,894

Edited by bigted

• Members

Big Will is a second selling single type guy. he gets most of his sales after da 2nd or 3rd single cuz der usually the best 1s.

Going gold is a great achievment in 3 months or alltogether, hip hop sales are droppin, just look at the charts, memphis bleek and young gunz arent gonna see 150k camron didnt break 400k fabulous bearly went gold, same with mase, same with ja rule, LL cool j didnt go platinum, faith evans is dropping badly, same with amerie omarion isnt going far past 500k and look at marques houstons new album. xzibit didnt go gold, cassidys new one isnt gonna push 100k first week, fat joe is floppin. nobodys sellin anymore. how hyped is game and hes only gone double platinum. we arnt in the days wen artists sell plat in a week or a couple, only the top few can, like eminem or 50 cent. will could stop promotin lost and found now and itd still do 600k with one single.