JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

D'Angelo Pleads Guilty

Angel Amor

D'Angelo Pleads Guilty to Drug Possession

Apr 14, 7:05 AM EST

Michael Eugene Archer, better known as D'Angelo, has pleaded guilty to possession of marijuana and driving under the influence of alcohol after a January traffic stop.

Archer, 31, a Richmond native, waived his preliminary hearing on a third charge of possession of cocaine, a felony. A Chesterfield General District Court judge certified that charge to a Chesterfield Circuit Court grand jury.

The R&B singer was fined $250 Wednesday and given a 90-day suspended jail term on the DUI conviction. Archer's driver's license was suspended for one year.

On the marijuana charge, Archer was fined $50 and given a 10-day suspended jail term. His driver's license was suspended for an additional six months.

In an unusual legal maneuver, authorities said Archer appealed both the marijuana and DUI convictions to Chesterfield Circuit Court.

Archer was pulled over on Jan. 9 in suburban Richmond, where he was charged with driving under the influence. Authorities said a subsequent search yielded marijuana and .029 grams of cocaine.

First Lil Kim then Foxy Brown and D'Angelo. Why all these ppl that have millions are getting into trouble with the law? Are they bored? Hell, give me the money that they make and I promise I won't be bored with it. :fingersx: :angel:

Edited by Angel Amor

First Lil Kim then Foxy Brown and D'Angelo. Why all these ppl that have millions are getting into trouble with the law? Are they bored? Hell, give me the money that they make and I promise I won't be bored with it. :fingersx: :angel:

haha true, all that money and they still ask for problems

He or she who says, money doesn't equal happiness, well he or she's WRONG :wiggle:

Why do so many artists get involved with drugs? It's really pathetic how many of them are getting charged with stuff like that. D'Angelo wa amazing when he came out, i never got his 2nd album cuz it looked like he waz changing his style a bit. Right about now, he's a relic. He's playing himself. He needs 2 come out with something soon.

Why do so many artists get involved with drugs? It's really pathetic how many of them are getting charged with stuff like that...

Well as the ol' saying goes it's "sex, drugs, and rock'n' roll", if you watch Behind The Music for most artists VH1 does it for they talk about how child support, drug/alchohol addiction, and a lot of other things that resulted from the fast life slowed down or destroyed their lives/careers, money doesn't always mean happiness.

Man, when I hear or see that name D'Angelo, all I can think of is a soulful brotha. Not this stuff. He had the bombest album wit Brown Sugar. I remember my dad had the tape. If I was them, I know I wouldn't have to worry about drugs, cuz I don't think about touchin' em.