JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

ITS TIME

"Lost & Found" appears to be slipping. Remember how "Born to Reign" debuted at #13 then quickly somehow disappeared off the charts faster than anything. Thats why it wasn't backed by a second single until 4 months later! I think the time is now for "Tell Me Why" to be released. I don't care now about if "Switch" goes #1. It's number 1 on the 100 Billboard Digital Tracks - meaning downloads. It's not powerful enough. "Tell Me Why" needs to be released. Look at 50 cent, he had "Candy Shop" and "Disco Inferno" closely released together but those two tracks battled each other for #1. Release "Tell Me Why" within this month then get "Party Starter" out by mid-late May. It just has to be done for this album to gain more success. No lieing around waiting to see what happens, action needs to be taken now. "Party Starter" is a freakin anthem, its a MUST to be released.

Come on Overbrook/Interscope - get the ball rolling again. No SLACKING!

I think it's more important for JJFP to go out and tour than to release another single right away, they gotta go out and perform like most hip-hop acts do, that's what would promote sales, and btw that willsmith.com needs a major update right now too! :ridepony:

Edited by bigted

Are ya talking for it to be released as a solo song album or on the radio or preformed in concert or something.

agreed heres wut the schedule should be:

late april: tell me why

late may: party starter

late june: pump ya brakes ft. snoop dogg

i dunno, i want pump ya brakes to be released cause a snoopdogg/big will video would be sweet

Switch has pretty much run its course. I don't think its numbers will increase greatly from here on out. I think Tell Me Why should definitely be released by the end of April. I believe it has longevity and will boost album sales for some time. Party Starter will be the summer anthem, no doubt about it. Party Starter should be released around mid to the end of June. When the hype around Tell Me Why and the album begins to die down, Party Starter will serve to start it up again... with a vengence. Come august, Pump Ya Brakes or I Wish I Made That can be released... if all this is done well and in a timely fashion, this album should be able to reach platinum by mid summer with no problem... We'll see...

Edited by MaxFly

I agree that Tell Me Why needs to be released. It will give the music world a good song to talk about and show how skilled Will really is. When Jadakiss released "Why" last year, it was an instant hit, and it wasn't even as good as Will's "Tell Me Why." It would also be good to get Party Starter released. It is one of the best tracks Will has ever recorded, it needs to be out there.

This album's doing better than Born To Reign already, at this pace, in a couple weeks the sales will be better than Born To Reign, at this point it's safe to say the album'll be certified gold unless something drastic happened, but I don't see "Switch" getting much airplay, I turn on BET and see Ja Rule's new video getting airplay and he doesn't even sell much anymore, the black media's really dissin' Will right now. :nono:

i just thought of something......it probably feels like switch is running out of air because we heard switch so long before everyone else has....look at switchs stats on mainstream radio.

its gained 600 spins this week....which is like the 4th most out of any song on the radio

maybe switch will suprise

HERES THE CHART

why y'all writing it here? e-mail overbrook

why y'all writing it here? e-mail overbrook

I don't have their email address and they obviously don't go on the internet 'cause they still ain't updating the site but they're professionals and know when the right time to release the single is, ain't FP gonna do some more promotion over in the UK again, damn it seems like he does more there than he does here, how is the album selling worse there? I don't get it! :poke:

ok what about writting a letter or faxing them. but anyways they'll know when to release the 2nd single.