JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Foxy Brown Pleads "Not Guilty"

Angel Amor

Foxy Brown Pleads 'Not Guilty' To Assault Charges

April 11, 2005

Hip-hop's Foxy Brown caused quite the commotion as she walked into Manhattan's criminal courthouse Monday to plead not guilty on assault, attempted assault and harassment charges.

After she talked to the judge, Foxy talked to "CJ" about how she's determined to prove she didn't pounce on people at a shop in Manhattan's chic Chelsea section after she got a pedicure.

"This will never deter me," she insisted. "I'm much too focused and driven, and justice will prevail. We'll have our day."

Foxy is known for laying down lyrics like she did on Sisqo's "Thong Song," as well as her feud with Brooklyn's other hip-hop star, Lil Kim, who was recently convicted of perjury.

But in this criminal complaint, New York prosecutors claim Foxy, whose real is name Inga Marchand, used her closed fist while holding a cell phone and punched, kicked and bruised two people at Bloomie Nails after a dispute about payment.

Foxy's high-profile attorney Joe Tacopina says his client stopped in August for a manicure and pedicure. But she only got a pedicure, so she only paid for the pedicure. But he says the salon wanted payment for both, and Tacopina thinks this case is about getting much more than money for a manicure.

"This case is, you know, quite frankly a joke," Tacopina said. "It's the first step in a lengthy process to make sure that people don't extract money from celebrities by using the criminal justice system."

And while Foxy Brown signed autographs for sketch artists after her criminal proceedings, she proceeded with business, which right now includes working with rap mogul Jay-Z on a new album.

"The album is amazing," Brown said. "Jay-Z and I have partnered back up. The album is called 'Black Roses' and the album will be due out in June."

The court also issued two orders of protection against Foxy Brown on behalf of two witnesses

I saw this on Celebrity Justice. I thought it was funny. It seems all the gangsta rappers are getting into trouble lately. :kekeke:

Foxy's not a gangsta rapper!!

I know alot of people here don't like her, but other than the legends (Queen Latifah, MC Lyte, Yo Yo, Salt-N-Pepa, TLC), Foxy is one of my favorite female emcees. As much as i don't like Jay-Z, i like the idea of them working 2gether again. When they were close, her music waz better (tho' i can't judge her Broken Silence album cuz i only heard 2 songs off it...which were better than Chyna Doll).

I don't believe Foxy is guilty of those charges tho.' She's and easy target becuz she used 2 be all agressive and spitting on people and hitting people who would follow her around. In 2000/2001, i read an interview with her where she talked about her past behavior and how she changed her attitude and outlook on music. After reading it, it find it hard 2 believe she would go back 2 acting all crazy.

But her new album with S.Carter Records Black Roses will feature Luther Vandross, Dido, Jay-Z, Mos Def and Shyne.

Edited by Angel Amor

There ain't nothin' wrong with Jay-Z producin' the album for her as long as he ain't doin' too much rappin' on it, I'm looking forward to that, ain't the Blastmaster KRS supposed to be on there too? Yeah she ain't really a gangsta rapper and this situation ain't as drastic as the Lil' Kim situation 'cause it ain't like she pulled a gun out, all celebrities have stalkers, she should've hired a bodyguard to take care of them, she'll probably get probation at the worst, this is overhyped.