JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

New Ma$e "Welcome Back!!!!"

• Members
I guess he isnt a preacher any more......

Radio personality Wendy Williams played a Mase track on New York radio station WBLS on Wednesday (May 12) called "Welcome Back," where the rapper rhymes about being welcomed back to the game with open arms. "I'm making money man, without the coca/ Living la vida, without the loca," he raps before singing a chorus reminiscent of the theme song from the 1970s show "Welcome Back, Kotter."

[url="http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=C082D83D6EC2BAEC3A8A9810DF984C23"]http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=C082D83...A8A9810DF984C23[/url] :dancingcool:

Man, i couldn't stand Mase. He's probably pulling a Run...i'm sure he's still practicing his faith, but he's also recording again. I heard he waz probably coming back soon from some TV interview with another rapper. What's the song like? Is it his typical stuff of did he step up his craft? I'm interested in hearing his new song but i have a feeling i won't exactly be supporting him. Those who were around the WS board back in 98ish/99ish may remember who i used diss Mase back then...ha ha.

The only reason why Ma$e was popular back in '97-98 was 'cause he had hit records with Biggie and Puffy on it and the people only liked them 'cause of Biggie's verses! Like P.Diddy when he does a song by himself he falters, he needs a million people on his album to pick up his stock. :kekeke:

I always used 2 say Mase had down syndrom...ha ha...that waz kinda ignorant. I thought his music waz the wackest stuff back in the late 90's. However, when i look back on those videos and some of the songs, i like it alot better than the commercial successes of 2day (50 Cent, Eminem, Ludacris) cuz Mase waz kinda goofy...always dancin' and smilin'...he wazn't always trying 2 be this fake-thug like the people above. That joint he did with BLACKstreet in 1999 waz pretty good...but that Harlem World album waz staight garbage.

Yea I heard the track yesterday, pretty nice. hot beat at that. I always liked ma$e. I mean, I never really heard his complete album and stuff, but I liked his singles.

I don't know if he signed with bad Boy again, but this track doesn't have diddy's annoying voice all over it, so I can't say yet :)

From allhiphop.com:

[quote]Rapper turned pastor Mason "Ma$e" Betha is planning to return to his roots as a rapper.

The Harlem World member, who experienced life changing success as a rapper left the business in 1999 to preach.

Ma$e is in talks to reunite with his former manager Cudda Love, who also founded Fo'Reel Entertainment, the label that houses Platinum rapper Nelly, Murphy Lee, Ali and the St. Lunatics.

"I am grateful for all the blessings bestowed on me that were a result of my music career," Ma$e said when he announced his retirement in 1999. "Now it's time for me to serve God in His way. The Lord sends you messages when He's ready and not necessarily when we are."

While Ma$e may return and end up with Fo'Reel, he is still under contract to Sean "P. Diddy" Combs' Bad Boy Entertainment.

Fo'Reel is attempting to structure a deal with Bad Boy that will allow Ma$e to record his new untitled album.

[b]If the album is released, it would be a Hip-Hop album with no profanity that would touch on relevant social issues.[/b][/quote]

I'm gonna give him a chance for this try.

God Blessa!

KRS-ONE is a minister too 'cause he opened up his own temple(he calls it "The Temple Of Hip-Hop") and he makes albums that promote consciousness in rap. It would be great if Mase's rap style changes from that flashy frontin' style that he had with Puffy!

Well, Mase has changed his life....if he's making music without all that explict garbage, i totally support, tho' i can't promise i'll like the music. I didn't know KRS-One became a minister...where's u read that at? I know he dropped that Spiritual Minded album awhile ago which i wanted but havn't gotten yet.

Yo, go to this website right here to find out how much KRS-ONE is involved in hip-hop consciousness:http://www.templeofhiphop.org
You'll notice that he even wrote a hip-hop declaration of peace to bring promote hip-hop in a more positve way and that hip-hop appreciation week is from May16-May23rd this year! :peace: Check it out, a real hip-hop fan should know about this!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lambertj3
Sorry aj no offense but neither luda, 50 or em is acting like a fake thug only people who know them personally can say that , but mase new song is GARBAGE

2 prove my point further, i just watched MTV's Pimp My Ride w/ Xzibit (which i never watched b4 until 2day). X 2 da Z has the street rapper thing going on w/ a dash of gangsta and a dash of real Hip-Hop. All that street waz gone on the show, he's one goofy, smilin' guy...ha ha. Just shows how much mainstream Rap is all about image and not about being real.

That's why admire peeps like Fresh Prince, L.L. Cool J, Queen Latifah, etc. They are good, down 2 earth people and they are the same people on and off stage.

Guest lambertj3
again aj i am sorry to disagree did u read how 50 helped theses girls who went to see him but were robbed by giving them memrobilia and etc? Plus latifah getting arrested or stopped by police for a loaded weopon and weed isn't too down to earth. A s much as i like latifah thats not down to earth thats sacreligious.