JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Homebase - JJFPs weakest?

Man, Will spits great lyrics on this album, and in funky fresh style.

Homebase is like an end of an era for old skool hiphop. Its like the epitome of everything the 80's hiphop scene was wrapped up into a CD. Great Stuff

Homebase could never be one of the weakest. The only way i could see someone not liking it 4 all it is, is if they weren't a JJ+FP fan or even a fan of Hip-Hop music in the early '90's...which dose apply 2 alot of people here. The production is flawless, but if u wern't down with them back then, u may not feel it as much. Lyric 4 lyric, the album is great. This waz JJ+FP's comeback. This waz the debut of their more mature sound. U can't front on that.

Homebase could never be one of the weakest. The only way i could see someone not liking it 4 all it is, is if they weren't a JJ+FP fan or even a fan of Hip-Hop music in the early '90's...which dose apply 2 alot of people here. The production is flawless, but if u wern't down with them back then, u may not feel it as much. Lyric 4 lyric, the album is great. This waz JJ+FP's comeback. This waz the debut of their more mature sound. U can't front on that.

I gotta agree with AJ. I've been down with JJFP since '87 and Homebase is my favorite JJFP album.

Definatly. Homebase will never be a weak album. There is no such thing as a weak album its just "least-listened"...I dont really listen to any album besides "Code Red". But its gettin nicer and warmer out so "Homebase" usually takes place in my music rotation.

My favs off this album are "Summertime", "Ring My Bell"(Remix), "I'm All That"...

hey, homebase is a dope record! I love it! the perfect trax for summer and its already getting warm out here. I think that FPs weakest trax are on the newer albums like BWS and B2R. The old stuff is just perfect!

JJFP Rock The House

and btw, now i'll pop Homebase into my stereo :thumb:

Just like Big Willie Style, Homebase reminds me of the good times in my childhood. I like the album alot, althou it's not really good for the club or parties, but it's great for cruisin' in the summertime. Or chillin out with your friends in the sun, maybe play a little bit of basketball and talk about girls..

Ps. It's great to see how mature everyone here is! Everyone respects other peoples opinions, not like on a "common" hip-hop forum where it would be **** **** **** you *** biatch **** wack *****.