JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

your FRESH bio

this is basically asking how long you have been a fan, have you gone to any concerts, how did you discover JJ+FP, etc.

for myself I used to listen to will on my friends boom box when big willie style came out, then when wild wild west came out I heard that alot, I used to watch the show alot and I discovered it and I got my parents to watch it, when it was on in reruns. I then got a computer in 2001 and naturally got napster, and I downloaded mainly stupid stuff like videogame songs and such (I was such a nerd back then) I then started to download will smith and eventually for the JJFP greatest hits CD, then the solo albums, then code red and it goes on from there (I now have all the albums.)

i always like FPOBA since like 1999 when i first discovered it. then i discovered that Will's new album Willennium was comin out and i saw a documentary of him on MTV about him and his new album and it sounded good so i got it. i loved it so then i got BWS and continued to be a huge FPOBA fan. after that, i discovered Tim's website and that JJFP existed so i got He's The DJ as my first album. it just kept growin from there. i got all the JJFP albums and saw most of Will's movies. i think i've been a fan for 5-6 years now

Hey awesome thread. really interesting.

I was in 5th grade in the 1998-99 school year and we were on a trip to New York City. This girl Julia was sitting in the seat across from me. She had her CDs with her and I wanted to listen. She had the "Big Willie Style" CD and I was enjoying listening to "Miami" and "Gettin Jiggy Wit It". I remember my mom also bought the BWS cassette because she actually liked it. lol. crazy. So I would listen to that cassette at night before i went to sleep (back when i had a cassette player). I loved it. Then in 2000, I heard the song "Will 2k" and I loved that. It wasnt until April 2001 in which I bought my new CD player and some CDs at Walmart. Funny thing was, I saw "Code Red" there but I didn't get it. Instead I got Big Willie Style and Willenium on CD. I loved listen to those CDs. Then I started looking online for more Will Smith CDs and learning about him. During this whole time, I loved watching the Fresh Prince on TV. I found Wes's site and I went to that a lot. In '02 I found this site and learned alot about JJ+FP. Then on AOL in May 02 "Black Suits Comin" was on it and I loved it. I then joined this board that summer and I collected every album! That was my quest. And as the summers followed, I collected singles (still alot to go tho).

Now Im still here in 2005 and I'm lovin it...especially right now!!! Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince FOREVER!

When I was 8 or 9, I was in a cheer/dance activity, and we did a dance to "Wild Wild West" but back then I had no idea who Will Smith was. Then one day last year, I found the tape with that song on it and I was like "Wow! I haven't heard this forever!" So I listened to it and I realized how much I liked the song. That's when I went out and bought Greatest Hits, which was the first album I've ever bought by Will Smith, and I noticed there were other songs I had heard before, like Men in Black, Miami, and Gettin' Jiggy Wit It. I fell in love with all the songs, and I soon found out about Will's solo records and the JJFP albums and the movies, and then I saw commercials on Nick@Nite that the were gonna show the Fresh Prince of Bel Air and I noticed Will was in that, too. I've loved that show ever since the very first time I saw the very first episode!! So I've been a huge fan ever since!!!! :peace: :kool:

Edited by FuNkY.FrEsH.ChIcK

• Members

well ok

last year i first saw fresh prince of belair i had seen random episodes before but never new who will smith was i didnt connect the FPOB will smith with the Bad Boys Will smith which was the only movie i had seen of his so i was searching for the FPOB theme song to download i found out he did music too with someone named jazzy jeff so i went and downloaded a bunch of their songs loved them then i looked up about jazzy jeff and the fresh prince so then i found out will was in a bunch of movies saw um then found out will had solo albums too (all that spread over about 7 months) now almost a year later DIEHARD JJFP FAN

• Members

In 1992, the concept of Cable TV was first introduced and by beginning of 93, MTV started to air. That's when I first saw Summertime and I fell in love with those two guys. Then immediately after a short while, Boom! Shake The Room aired and I declared them as one of my all time fav. groups. But I couldn't get any album of JJFP because I was living in an absolutely ****ty town known as Nagpur.

Then in 96, I moved to Hyd, which is a big city and within a month I got hold of Homebase cassette and there was no stopping back. I saw then Independence Day and Bad Boys and Will also became one of my most fav. actors.

Then ofcourse MIB was released, so I bought the album soundtrack and subsequently BWS and from then I have seen all of Will's movies except for the very first one.

Then in 2000, we got a new channel called Zee English and it aired all the seasons of Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air, so I watched every episode and loved it very much.

So there's my FRESH bio. :dancingcool:

ever since the FPOBA started in israel i was crazy about the show, i didn't realy listen to any music and didn't even watched MTV. in 1997 i started to watch MTV and the first clip i realy liked was Men In Black... then i realized that it was the same funny man from FPOBA. i started researching about this Will Smith guy and 8 years later i'm in this forum crazy about that Will Smith guy :peace: .

i loved big willie style when it came out. I had it on tape(its in my potna picture) and i listened to it wherever i went. i was like 7 at the time. then i got willennium for christmas in 1999 and i listened to that all the time. then thats when i started to like look back at his older stuff. then i got born to reign when it came out. then after that i bought the platinum and gold collection(my first old fp stuff). then recently i bought lost and found and now im buying up all the old albums. i only need hes the dj and rock the house. ive always loved wills music since i listened to it. and i would always see fpoba on tv and would love it, then i like dicovered will's movies after i bought BWS and loved the movies.

:peace:

Edited by WILL IS ILL

Im just going to do this in a short way:

I hated music, especially rap.

I looked at FPoBA.

It remainded me of a music video I saw back in the days.

I watched Summertime on my computer.

I felt in love with their music, and when I last summer bought He's the DJ, I got married.

Edited by Lerkot

Born in 1987 fan since 1992, believe it or not i actually had a few JJFP records when i was just a wee lad, mum bought me them, basically it went from there.

Huge fan of Will's movies too, i still think '6 degrees of seperation' was the film he was best in, perhaps not his best movie but his best performance. Own all the albums and films, just trying to buy the records i had as a child again, they got lost along the way some how.

Sure am glad i found this forum, why didn't anyone tell me about it! :hilarious:

My first time was back in 1993,when JJ&FP visited Spain in order to promote CODE RED (they were very popular by FPOBA,the most seen sitcom here).

They performed on several TV shows BOOM¡SHAKE THE ROOM and I´M LOOKING FOR THE ONE...and it was simply amazing.

Next day I buy CODE RED and I feel "the JJ&FP beat by the first time"...and the rest is history... :cwm:

post-2-1113486845.jpg

Edited by Cyrano

Some of the old regulars have heard my story but i'll tell it again.

Watched FPOBA occasionally in the mid 90's. My friend convinced me to buy Big Willie Style back in early 98 after i told him i liked Getting Jiggy Wit It. Luckily enough that same summer JJFP greatest hits was released so i snapped that up and the rest was history. By the following summer i managed to get hold of all 5 JJFP albums, and have bought every released by them since on released day.