JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

LOST& FOUND SALES

Ok... Sound off on sales.

How well do you guys think Lost and Found did in it's second week? I'm going to put myself out there and say that it held steady at about 90k. A lot of people are still talking about it, and a great number of people are hearing about it for the first time. I don't think too many people are downloading it off of itunes, because it's #25 there, so I'm assuming people actually went out and bought the solid copy for old time's sake.

Damn I'm very dedicated I know some of you may think this is stupid but I just went out and bought a two more copies of L&F...Is that dumb?

um no thats fly buy 2 more hahaah i have 3 copies right now

• Members

i'm sure once tell me why comes out it will skyrocket

now im not insulting the song but the skyrocketing of it will mostly only be because of MARY J.

i personally think buyoing more than one copy is a little stupid. im a big will smith fan too but i dont have to waste my money on a second copy if i already have one. if your doing it for his sales to get higher i think thats dumb. but if your getting two copies to get like one for a friend of another copy for the car or something thats fine, its just my opinon

• Members

i'm sure once tell me why comes out it will skyrocket

now im not insulting the song but the skyrocketing of it will mostly only be because of MARY J.

C'mon, Will certainly has more star power to attract audience than because of Mary J. Blige being featured in a track. Isn't it? :confused3:

here's a 2nd week update with just 25% in

LW TW artist / album label power index

1 1 50 CENT SHADY/AFTERMATH/INT 38,439

THE MASSACRE

6 2 NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MUSIC V18 EPIC 27,390

VARIOUS

-- 3 FAITH EVANS CAPITOL 24,319

FIRST LADY

7 4 LARRY THE CABLE GUY WARNER BROS. NASHVILLE 19,293

RIGHT TO BARE ARMS

8 5 FRANKIE J COLUMBIA/CRG 17,893

THE ONE

5 6 WILL SMITH INTERSCOPE 17,407

LOST & FOUND

13 7 CIARA LAFACE/ZLG 14,504

GOODIES

-- 8 LISA MARIE PRESLEY CAPITOL 13,998

NOW WHAT

12 9 KELLY CLARKSON RCA/RMG 12,481

BREAKAWAY

-- 10 DONNIE MCCLURKIN ZOMBA 12,469

PSALMS, HYMNS AND SPIRITUAL...

-----------

where's beanie and 122??

• Members

I guess probably because of the all-out war between 50 and Jada that it's getting so promoted. Also because of the big shoot-out between Game and 50's crew. Violence sells. That's how it is today. :nhawong:

• Members

Lost and Found

Artist: Will Smith

Title: Lost and Found

Rating:

Reviewed by: Houston Williams

"Truthfully, the problem with Lost and Found is outside of this album. It would appear that the label (Interscope Records) is more willing to put all of its energies in artists like 50 Cent, The Game and Eminem. Certainly, that’s a reality, but with the right push this album would be a platinum seller. And artistically, it more than rivals 50 Cent and Eminem, but falls under Game’s debut."

this is part of the review of the allhiphop site and i must say that i think it was a big mistake for Will to havegone to interscope because they ain't gonna promote his album like 50. he's album is onfire right now and that's all they know.