JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Spot That Hater

Now ya'll knew I was eventually going to devote a whole thread to this. The hateration nowadays is overwhelming, especially coming from some of the net-thugs on some of the other forums. Let the quotes begin... Everyone chip in.

it dont mater what i think      4:25pm, April 2005

IF THIS ALBUM IS HOT IM NOT LISTENING TO RAP ANYMORE!!!! THIS DUDE NEEDS TO STAY IN FRONT OF THE CAMERA, NOT BEHIND A MIC

I guess someone needs to stop listening to rap. :kekeke:

• Admin

His rhyme style at times is just a straight up imitation of Eminem.

He is attacking his ex wife (Swagga and Mr Holy Roller), comes off as a boiled down version of Eminem.

Sounds to me like he is trying to imitate what is happening in mainstream rap today, but is putting his own "pop" slant on it...

Enemyboard

theres sum wack comments form a hater 4 u

It seem to me that this fool didn't even listen to Ms. Hollyroller cuz that song ain't about his ex-wife. I Wish I Would Have Made That/Swagga there is only one line where he says by my now ex-wife. O well Wave Em' Off. Will is in the top 10 on billbroads. :thumb:

He is attacking his ex wife (Swagga and Mr Holy Roller), comes off as a boiled down version of Eminem.

Sounds to me like he is trying to imitate what is happening in mainstream rap today, but is putting his own "pop" slant on it...

Enemyboard

I've heard that Will flows like everyone now, from Xibit to Eminem to Nas to Jay to Slick Rick to Slick Rick's mama. It's getting real ridiculous.

It's interesting and funny how the haters are trashing his music...call it pop ... compare it to every artists nowadays...not to forget the ghostwriting thing, but forget the fact that he was the first ever rap grammy winner...is hip hop's biggest crossover artist(urban to suburban/music to television to movies)!

I'm open for some serious critisicm of his music, but the way the haters give reasons is just ridiculous!

• Members

The problem here is the generation gap. Most of the people now are more accustomed to the new wave of rappers and their style. Rappers with a troubled past are deemed more credible as a rapper. So when they rap about people and problems from their past, it becomes a hit these days.

Whereas Fresh Prince was more like a party guy and a funny story teller. Ofcourse Will has matured really as a rapper and touched different subjects and aspects of his life now. But then, the new hip-hop fans are having a hard time to digest the fact that a good guy like Will can rap about these subjects. That is why they find the need to compare Will with Eminem.

I don't think we can blame anyone here because the times have changed and the taste in music with people has also changed. :poke:

Enemyboard

I've heard that Will flows like everyone now, from Xibit to Eminem to Nas to Jay to Slick Rick to Slick Rick's mama. It's getting real ridiculous.

Yeah man, I also heard that! The next days people gonna say he raps like Lil Jon... :nono:

Guest iqaroes

ok ok ok, people dont get me wrong i like will smith....

but you all need to get over the first rap grammy, I mean wtf some group of 60 year old white hippies choose who gets the grammy, so who cares?

I do think that on his new album will actually has a verry diverse flow that is his own.. only on party starter he sounds like Ludacris :P

Ludacris was involved in producing Party Starter and he wrote the hook... so yeah...

I'm still looking for the track where Will rhymes like that old lady in "The Wedding Singer." I think I also heard someone say Will stole her flow as well. He's biting everyone's flow huh. :nono:

Edited by MaxFly

ok ok ok, people dont get me wrong i like will smith....

but you all need to get over the first rap grammy, I mean wtf some group of 60 year old white hippies choose who gets the grammy, so who cares?

I do think that on his new album will actually has a verry diverse flow that is his own.. only on party starter he sounds like Ludacris :P

I have to agree with you on a part here, but who gives a f*** about Eminem and Nelly winning Grammy's either, hip-hop peers give JJFP more props than they do Eminem and Nelly, mostly fake pop rappers give Eminem and Nelly props, not much legends or hip-hop heads, at the end of the day respect is all that matters, we could ignore JJFP's sales and they'd still stand out as hip-hop greats, wave 'em off! :ali: