JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

ring up radio stations!

• Admin

have you been listening to the radio and havent heard switch?

now its time to take action

step 1: ring up your local radio station

step 2: ask them why you havent heard switch on their station. Inform them that switch is currently #14 on the Billboard Singles Charts.

step 3: Tell them that you and your friends really like the song and you'd like to hear it more

step 4: come back here and tell us their response

• Members

i went to my friends house and called the local radio station (dont no the name) in their exact words

"Because frankly people don't want to hear Will Smith. He needs to stop with the softcore rap or go back to movies."

Me: Who exactly do fans want to hear?

SOME F*CKER FROM THE RADIO: They want to hear some real rappers like 50 cent and the game.

Me: But Will is way better.

SFFTR: Not according to fans.

Me: I am a fan (Hung Up)

EXACT WORDS

Edited by bagotrasho

• Admin

nice work though..keep the stories coming... and next time they say people dont wanna hear will smith say "why is switch no. 2 on itunes and why is it #14 on the billboard hot 100 then?"

I called the biggest radio station in Sweden..

"Hey, may I wonder why you dont play Will Smiths latest hit Switch?"

"Switch?"

"Yeah, you must know of it...?"

"Nah... is it new?"

"Released in february"

"Well okey umm... i'll tell the DJ to play it once around noon right, are you happy then?"

"Sure"

Always somethin, im a little mad about how little he knew, but im a little happy that he wanted to do something for one of his listeners.

i emailed a couple of radio stations, i dont know if they played it or not but it was just b4 switch entered the charts and i said "why arnt u playing switch, that song is gonna be in the top ten on sunday", and magically it was.

i do know that radio 1 is now playing it, my workmate was telling me how much she loved switch and that she had heard it on the radio. So i asked which station and she said it was radio 1, this is a good thing coz its probably the biggest radio station in the UK.

I emailed Hot 97(which is the empire of hip-hop radio stations in the tri-state area) just now asking them to play "Switch", I doubt them fools will even reply back, I'm just gonna check their website once in a while and see if they put it on their playlist, it ain't on there yet, but it seems half of 50's album is on their top 30 list. :toetap:

I know this sounds kinda corney but someone find out if you can get switch to play on radio disney!! I knwo it is disney but they are all over the USA that will really help!! and due to the nickoledon's (I dobut I spelled that right) kids awards. we need the kids to know about what's up and have the kids ask their parents for the album.

p.s. also go here

http://www.airamericaradio.com/shows/morni...ion/contact.asp

and send an e-mail asking for the will smith songs to be played!!! probally ms. holy roller because the radio is left-wing and the don't like the religious right wing so the part where will talks about having tolerance for the different religions could probally be played!!! just select the issue as general comments!!

Edited by sonic1988

called in to 95.5 in detroit and heres what happened:

"hey i was lookin at the billboard charts and will smiths new song switch is number 14, why arent u guys playin it"

radio: "no one has really wanted it"

"well its number 2 on itunes, so people have downloaded it"

radio: "ok, i'll see what i can do"

then he blocked me so i dunno...we'll see if it shows up on the playlist

• Admin

called in to 95.5 in detroit and heres what happened:

"hey i was lookin at the billboard charts and will smiths new song switch is number 14, why arent u guys playin it"

radio: "no one has really wanted it"

"well its number 2 on itunes, so people have downloaded it"

radio: "ok, i'll see what i can do"

then he blocked me so i dunno...we'll see if it shows up on the playlist

good work!

• 2 weeks later...

I finally heard Switch on the radio today. I heard on Mix 96.1. It was #3 on their playlist or countdown. I been calling that radio like for ever but never got an answer. I guess I wasn't the only 1 who wanted to hear Switch. I tried to get 98.5 the Beat to play Switch but they refused cause it's pop. I said Well maybe u should change your station motto from 98.5 the Beat #1 place for Hip/Hop&RnB. Cause for damn sure that ain't true. Will was is not pop he's hiphop. He didn't cross from hiphop to pop the line cross him. O well Life is too short to be sad. I'm just glad I finally heard Switch play on the radio.

• Members

I still haven't heard this on the radio or seen the video on TV for that matter unless Will was there promoting it