JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Independence Day II

MaxFly

• Members

bb2 and mib2 weren't very good sequels, they just passed merely. a sequel for id4 is a no-no. it's very wrong and shouldn't even be thought of at all. i've said this time and again, will should 'switch' his movie chioces so he'd get his props amongst movie goers.

he's proven his worth as a box office draw with blockbuster movies, he should go for career defining and critical roles like 'a pursuit of happyness' and some other good thrillers and dramas.

• Admin

bad boys II was a fantastic sequel.. MIB2 was complete rubbish!

as for an ID4 sequel.. i mean the original script wasnt good to begin with.. but it was an event movie with lots of great special efx and explosions.. but these guys handling a sequel wouldnt be a great idea remember they gave us godzilla shortly after..

et tu Tim. lol. no sa

I agree that the movie shouldn't be rushed without a good storyline and script. And lightning seldom strikes twice, so different people should probably make a sequel, but I maintain that there is a good story in there. You guys can't tell me you left the movie theaters thinking all is well with the ID4 universe. LA, NY, DC, Paris, London, Moscow and like 30 other cities have been destroyed. There are huge spaceships just burning on the surface of the Earth and aliens are most likely running around with biomechanical suits and advanced technology with no way to leave the planet. lol. Stuff is gonna go down. The world doesn't have to be invaded all over again. It's already been partially invaded. It would be cool if we got to see how they dealt with it.

Maybe this is where I'm missing everyone. Do people think all the aliens are dead?

What makes people think a sequel 2 ID4 is even something 2 be considered. Where could the story go? What would all those characters do? Just let it go, there's is no reason 4 aliens 2 try and conqure earth again. Even if there were more, wouldn't they be smart enuff 2 not mess with the planet that is home 2 the Fresh Prince?!?

What makes people think a sequel 2 ID4 is even something 2 be considered. Where could the story go? What would all those characters do? Just let it go, there's is no reason 4 aliens 2 try and conqure earth again. Even if there were more, wouldn't they be smart enuff 2 not mess with the planet that is home 2 the Fresh Prince?!?

I wasn't about to type this all again.

I still want to know if everyone thinks that all the aliens died at the end of ID4 by the way.

Are you trying to say that all the aliens died at the end of ID4? Aliens tried to destroy the world, they lost, and so they all died instantly. Magically, everything is back to normal? The fact that most of the major cities of the world were destroyed was no biggie? That there's nothing new that can be told, and told well?

The problem with Hollywood is that everything is so cookie cutter. Aliens, vampires or predators attack, they win the battle, humans revolt, humans win the war, credits roll, people throw away their extra popcorn and go home. The audience never gets to see what happens afterwards. Major cities have been deystroyed, human civilization is in utter disarray, it's very likely that there are quite a number of aliens still alive on the surface of the earth with advanced technology, yet no one in Hollywood can come up with a good script? It seems that you could start a whole franchise with that sort of scenario. Resembles The Matrix a tad doesn't it.

As for the original actors, we don't have to have all of them come back. If that were the case, a sequel would indeed be forcing the issue, trying to involve all of them when, in fact, some of their roles aren't needed. New actors and roles can be introduced. That's a good thing and it would be much needed.

Concerning rebuilding... I'm talking about trying to get rid of the remaining aliens while figuring out how to start over. Sure, everyone seemed happy at the end of ID4. That sure wasn't going to last long when they realized the state that the world was in. They'd have to deal with their reality sooner or later.

About aliens coming back and trying to destroy the world again... Aren't they already on the earth.... It wouldn't be about destroying the world. Rather, it would be about banding together after a failed attempt at destroying the world and seeing if they can't take over the world the old fasioned way while the humans are still weak from the invasion and trying to figure out what to do next...

And about there not possibly being a good script...

There are downed spaceships the size of cities all over the world. A large population of the world has been killed off. Military organization is almost non existent, and to add to all of that, there may be aliens still on the loose with advanced techonlogy and no way to leave the earth and nothing better to do than start something with the humans again... And it's impossible to write a good script?  I don't think that's a good enough excuse.

Again, the real problem I see with a sequel is that the original was so long ago that audiences have most likely lost interest. But if done right, and they've had plenty of time to do it, there can actually be a good sequel to this. Creativity is key.

There is no way there could be a good script 4 this movie.  Aliens tried 2 destroy the world, they loss.  That movie waz part of the escapism trend that went on thru' the mid-late 90's.  The movie waz great, but there is no reason 4 those aliens 2 come back and try 2 destroy earth again....that's just silly and childish.  Why would all those characters comeback 2 do it again.  Why would they make a movie about the human race rebuilding.  This a movie, not reality.

Are you trying to say that all the aliens died at the end of ID4? Aliens tried to destroy the world, they lost, and so they all died instantly. Magically, everything is back to normal? The fact that most of the major cities of the world were destroyed was no biggie? That there's nothing new that can be told, and told well?

The problem with Hollywood is that everything is so cookie cutter. Aliens, vampires or predators attack, they win the battle, humans revolt, humans win the war, credits roll, people throw away their extra popcorn and go home. The audience never gets to see what happens afterwards. Major cities have been deystroyed, human civilization is in utter disarray, it's very likely that there are quite a number of aliens still alive on the surface of the earth with advanced technology, yet no one in Hollywood can come up with a good script? It seems that you could start a whole franchise with that sort of scenario. Resembles The Matrix a tad doesn't it.

As for the original actors, we don't have to have all of them come back. If that were the case, a sequel would indeed be forcing the issue, trying to involve all of them when, in fact, some of their roles aren't needed. New actors and roles can be introduced. That's a good thing and it would be much needed.

Concerning rebuilding... I'm talking about trying to get rid of the remaining aliens while figuring out how to start over. Everyone seemed happy at the end of ID4. That sure wasn't going to last long when they realized the state that the world was in. They'd have to deal with their reality sooner or later.

About aliens coming back and trying to destroy the world again... Aren't they already on the earth.... It wouldn't be about destroying the world. Rather, it would be about banding together after a failed attempt at destroying the world and seeing if they can't take over the world the old fasioned way while the humans are still weak and trying to figure out what to do next...

And about there not possibly being a good script...

There are downed spaceships the size of cities all over the world. A large population of the world has been killed off. Military organization is almost non existent, and to add to all of that, there may be aliens still on the loose with no way to leave the earth and nothing better to do than start something with the humans again... And it's impossible to write a good script? :nono: I don't think that's a good enough excuse.

Again, the real problem I see with a sequel is that the original was so long ago that audiences have most likely lost interest. But if done right, and they've had plenty of time to do it, there can actually be a good sequel to this. Creativity is key.

id just like to say that, that was very well said and i give you props.

Edited by WILL IS ILL