JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Comin to the Stage

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all about marketing. In some countrys, u can get US versions of albums cheaper than the version released in that country. So 2 persuade them 2 get THEIR version of it, they'll have the slightly overpriced version with a few bonus trax. It's just the way things are. Each country gets different things...Japan gets the good stuff tho.'

It's all about marketing. In some countrys, u can get US versions of albums cheaper than the version released in that country. So 2 persuade them 2 get THEIR version of it, they'll have the slightly overpriced version with a few bonus trax. It's just the way things are. Each country gets different things...Japan gets the good stuff tho.'

Yeah I wonder if they got a lot of extra tracks back in the old JJFP albums too...

• 2 years later...

If there's one thing I learned being a fan of Will's music than it's one think: Check the internet for the tracklists of the japanese or british version. I have a lot of music albums from these countries, just because of the bonus tracks.

Well i've seen the Japan version of Code Red on ebay. but with basically the same tracklist as the us version don't know about the others though.

Coming to the stage should have been on all versions of L+F it's such a high energy track.. but japan always get the good stuff.

Edited by ant1

When it comes 2 the Japan release of JJ+FP albums, in most cases they didn't get much. I have a re-release of Rock The House from Japan and the only bonus track is the "Girls..." instrumental. The only other album that i can remember is Code Red getting "Yo! Home To Bel-Air" as a bonus track. I THINK Germany is the only country that got The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air soundtrack. And Japan's Greatest Hits has is one of 4 versions of the JJ+FP Greatest Hits album....Japan's is the only one that got "Don't Fight The Feeling" (the biggest JJ+FP find that we've had in the last 5 years).

Some of this info may be a bit off...4give me for any memory mistakes...ha ha. If anyone is really worried about what version has what, i can look it up upon request.