JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

billboard- L+F

Continuing this week's new entries is Will Smith's Interscope debut, "Lost and Found," at No. 6. Buoyed by appearances on MTV's "TRL," Nickelodeon's Kids Choice Awards and NBC's "The Today Show," the set moved 98,000 copies. That's a significant improvement over 2002's "Born To Reign" (Columbia), which opened at No. 13 with 60,000 and has sold 237,000 to date. The new album's "Switch" is in its second week at No. 1 on Billboard's Hot Digital Tracks chart.

good stuff..this album has the potential for plat status- maybe more :werd:

Well I didn't want to start a new thread, so sort of piggybacking off of this one, how many copies do you guys think Lost and Found has the ability to push? I know it's a bit early and that there are a lot of factors and variables that would affect sales such as the release of future singles and so forth, but I'd like to hear some of your predictions anyway. :poke:

Well I didn't want to start a new thread, so sort of piggybacking off of this one, how many copies do you guys think Lost and Found has the ability to push? I know it's a bit early and that there are a lot of factors and variables that would affect sales such as the release of future singles and so forth, but I'd like to hear some of your predictions anyway. :poke:

Well overall it has the quality and ability in my eyes to get at least

4 million copies, I just don't know if people can get over their *biased* opinions

about big willie, if this wasn't will smith but another newcomer with any name,

he'd prolly sell at least 8 million copies.

stop that.. be realistic..

i think he'll go platinum. once.

It'll go plat at least twice in my opinion. Possibly 3-4 if it does well. But yeah Big Willie Style did go 9x worldwide so we know that the Will phenomenon is still there. I think this album can do well, just needs the good publicity and reviews. The good reviews are coming, but again, interscope needs to up their game on the publicity side of thing. Overbrook may have to take more of an active role in publicizing and getting the word out if interscope isn't doing what they have to do. And if more rappers come out and praise the album like Nas and Jay have, this could have a very positive effect as well.