JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

fav rapper

Well I'd say my favorite mc besides JJFP would be LL Cool J 'cause the 1st hip-hop CD I ever bought was "All World" when I was 11 and I still feel him as much as ever, I have most of his albums except for "14 Shots To The Dome", "Bad", and "Walking With A Panther", basically every big mc has admired his style.

Edited by bigted

Well I'd say my favorite mc besides JJFP would be LL Cool J 'cause the 1st hip-hop CD I ever bought was "All World" when I was 11 and I still feel him as much as ever, I have most of his albums except for "14 Shots To The Dome", "Bad", and "Walking With A Panther", basically every big mc has admired his style.

Yeah... LL is really cool! And he's been in the game for so many years... always makin' good music! I got most of his albums too... except "Radio" and "B.A.D."! My favourite one is "G.O.A.T."... that was really "his" greatest of all times! After that I was a little disappointed about "10" and "The DEFinition" but they are still great!

I don't know.. redman's early stuff is incredible.. nowadays he's a lil bit sell out.. Christina Angilera (I really don't know how 2 right this name), well, that is just pop music.. or "rockwilder".. I don't know, I don't like such stuff..

I saw Tim Dog last week.. really a big suprise that he was comin 2 Germany 4 1 gig.. but 4 me, he was one of da most charismatic rappers I I have ever seen live on stage.. really really dope show.. he's not da best rapper but he has style.. I like that..

When it comes 2 emcees who really rip the ****.. who always rock da instrumental or da spot.. I would choose: Lord Finesse (a lil bit better than Biggie smallz I would say hahaha), Blastmaster krs, Kool Keith, Del tha funkee homospaien,.. Masta Ace.. I don't how old he is, but I'm sure that he is in his mid thirtys, and he's still battlin new jackz at freestyle battles.. probably there are houndreds of talents out there.. I'm from a small village in da south of Germany.. I can't know them all.. Melle Mel is also still doin his thing.. like a never endin "old school style" maschine pistole.. I think Nas is also cool, but I would never like 2 go 2 a concert, cuz da room is full of 13-16 year old wannabe gangstas..

For me, an true emcee must not just sell dope lyrics on wax, but he must also be able 2 rock da crowd.. what I really hate or those one's who just presentin me their last album like "yo, this track is called blablabla.. " ..then da instrumental beginz.. after this song, there's one more time a break and so on.. but I want 2 see/feel a show.. steady rockin.. dj's spinnin and cuttin da recordz.. it's ok, if da mc is presentin a few of his songz, but I more like freestylin a lil bit and if it's just games with da people.. I love it when rappers come down 2 da people and walk through da crowd.. when they ask da breakers 2 come on stage..

A true emcee is, who also bring me not just party trackz but also messages.. I must feel energy..

I listen to old school mostly like Compton Most Wanted, Public Enemy, Slick Rick Eric B. Rakim, Ice Cube , Snoop Dogg. Tupac and Biggie. O of course JJ&FP :peace: :angel: But I really don't have a fav.

I could go on all day about my other favorites besides FP and LL but I'd say the Teacha KRS-ONE is another one of the biggest mc of all the big mcs, the stuff that he's done off the mic to get peeps into God is also inspiring in itself, actually he is the biggest also 'cause his rhymes and flow are both so powerful and he was the 1st mc to seriously expand the topics more than any other mc did, sure there was "The Message" by Grandmaster Flash and The Furious Five, but KRS took consciousness to another level, just like FP took the fun and humor of Sugar Hill Gang's "Rapper's Delight" to another level, and I think that 2Pac and Nas were inspired from the impact of "Criminal Minded", and I think Busta Rhymes and Redman were inspired from the comedic sense that JJFP came out with "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper", I'm still looking for more than half of KRS' 13 albums but I've enjoyed every one I bought of his, if you look at the golden era hip-hop there was so much versatility that JJFP and LL could do uptempo tracks while KRS-ONE and Public Enemy would do political tracks, and NWA and Ice-T could do their hardcore tracks all in the same show, I wish hip-hop could go back to that.

Edited by bigted