JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Lost and Found ryme style.

Guest Ikarussian

Guest Ikarussian

Does anyone understand why Will used 2 lines from Royce 5 9 in the chorus and raps the ryme in royce the 5 9's flow until he says "Sounds like you? yeah that was my intention" I'm sure theres a messege behind it and he didnt bite it or anything ^.^ especially in THAT song.

Soooo, can someone explain it? :D

Guest Guest

Then isnt the part

"Man, it’s like a circus wit a bunch of clowns

Wit a bunch of clicks I’ll probably rap circles around"

"Rap now is a circus of clowns

A whole lot of lip from cliques I'd probably rap circles around" ??

And then how come he says " sounds like you? yea that was my intention"

And I personally dont know alot of skills work but then all I can say is Skills flows just like Royce da 5 9

i hate will writing **** with other people. dawg you made hiphops greatest song ever! "summertime! you don't need help

I don't get why FP would need anyone to write songs with him either, he literally wrote the blueprint of how to be a successful mc over these years, he don't need help, well him and Skillz are good friends so it ain't a biggie anyway, it ain't like he's workin' with peeps that he ain't cool wit.

Guest Guest

Im not saying royce wrote it i am saying will sounds like him and he does but ONLY in the first verse on the track losta nd found and he uses that line form the song " boom" its a good song by royce and I think Will just quoted him or something.

Are you sure that Royce was the 1st to say that 'cause I actually thought I heard a few ol' school mcs said that line. I was listening to a Pep Love song and I thought I heard him say a line that Chuck D said once but I think MistaChuck even took that from an older soul song: "you can bet your last money/it'll be a stone gas honey", there's millions of songs so some lines are bound to be similar, some are props, others just do it unknown

Well you could take another line too from FP that was originally used by Chuck D:

"Black radio, they don't play me though"-"I Wish I Made That"

"Radio, suckas never play me on the mix , just OK me"-"Rebel Without A Pause"

even KRS used it too referring to Chuck D on a 2003 song

"Radios, suckas never play me or Chuck, do you think we really give a f***?"-"You Feel That?"

That's a great way to link my 3 favorites mcs together! :afro:

Edited by bigted

Well you could take another line too from FP that was originally used by Chuck D:

"Black radio, they don't play me though"-"I Wish I Made That"

"Radio, suckas never play me on the mix , just OK me"-"Rebel Without A Pause"

even KRS used it too referring to Chuck D on a 2003 song

"Radios, suckas never play me or Chuck, do you think we really give a f***?"-"You Feel That?"

That's a great way to link my 3 favorites mcs together!  :afro:

Hmmmm, that's kinda far off though. The concept is the same, but I think that specific line is coincidental. The whole "radio won't play me even though I'm hot" concept has been used a lot over the years, especially because it's true.

Edited by MaxFly