JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

I Am Legend!?!?

Radewart

here's a link to Aint It Cool News about Will's possible next movie?

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=19795

Hey folks, Harry here... I AM LEGEND... Richard Matheson's brilliant work, twice adapted to screen thus far.... Once by Vincent Price (the best version) then most iconically by Charlton Heston. This third adaptation has been a thing of legend in its own right. From the adaptation by Mark Protosevich, which was nearly perfect save for the pandering ending required by Warner Brothers... It has seen different producers and directors as often as... well as Warner's own SUPERMAN. Well it looks like Francis Lawrence, director of CONSTANTINE, has finally tamed the beast. I'm hearing that Will Smith will star... which makes this his first foray into horror. He's fought Aliens and Robots... so why not Vampires. Personally, I can see this... but only if he gives himself over to the tragedy of the role. The melancholy of being the Last Man on Earth. Now, if they're planning on actually shooting this in New York.. that means a pretty huge scale for this. Both previous adaptations were in the more sprawling Los Angeles. Let's see where this goes, I just hope they've kept the books ending... after all, the title isn't I AM A LIVING LEGEND...

Just thought you should be aware - on the "Reel Jobs" section on the Mayor's office website of New York City, they've listed the Richard Matheson adaptation "I Am Legend" in need of a scout staff, aiming for a May 5th start date of actual *shooting*.

First I've heard of this - but hey, I'm looking forward to it.

- SR Hadden

That movie would be real cool if Will is gonna be the star. But then again Will said that he was gonna do 6 to 8 months of music and then I read that he agreed to Affirmative Action which will probably be release in April 06 and then Tonight He Comes which will probably release in the winter time next year I think. Will has a lot on his plate. But hey if he can make it work. It will be an awsome movie. :angel:

Yeah, it doesn't seem like he'll have enough time to tour, promote the album, and film. We'll see how things develop when more information comes to light.

Does anyone know what the deal is with "Pursuit of Happiness." This could be another oscar nomination, and possible a win for Will if he comes strong. I'm really interested in him making this. Seems like an inspirational...

Edited by MaxFly

hey, this movie looks nice, but I want to see Will in an serious role and not the same roles that Will always plays..like MaxFly said, a more serious role which he could win an Oscar for, that would be nice!

if you've read the book or the script, you'd know it wouldn't be your typical Will Smith role

Guest Guest_Radewart

I Am Legend

by Richard Matheson

Summary

Following the war a mysterious plague began to decimate the world's population. It struck down anyone who contracted it. Scientists were not sure of the origin of the plague, or indeed of any real way to describe it or combat it. Those killed by the plague return from the dead as vampires. Civilization breathed its last amid the panic of yellow journalism and a last minute religious revival. One man survived. His immunity, he believed, was due to a bite he received from a vampire bat while serving in Panama.

Robert Neville, having lost his wife and daughter, continued to survive alone. By day he destroyed vampires as they slept and by night he barricaded himself in his home. For a time it seemed he would go slowly mad or perhaps drink himself to death. Finally, though, he began a systematic investigation of the vampire phenomenon, trying to find the cause and maybe the cure. He discovered that some of the vampires are living, and others dead. Slowly he played legend and superstition against the vampiric reality of his daily life, discovering the origins of the plague and something of how it worked.