JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Racial prejudice?

joetwizzy

Hollywood star Will Smith has claimed that he was prevented from kissing co-star Cameron Diaz on screen, due to racial prejudices. The actor said that Hollywood still believes that people have problems with a black man and white woman getting intimate and so there were no love scenes between him and Diaz in their movie ''Hitch''. Hollywood is nervous about a black man kissing a white woman on screen. "That becomes massive news in the US. Outside America, it's no big deal. But in the US, it's still a racial issue," the actor was quoted by Femalefirst, as saying. Ironically, Hollywood is happy to do it if the film is about racism. But they won''t simply do it and ignore it," he added.

that is messed up!!! the damn conservative media!!! I swear the USA is headed for a breakdown!!!we are the worlds only "super-power" and due the the fact that we are mainly the media's bit(hes they take something so petty like gay's getting married and blow up nad make it a big thing!!!! if you ask me SO WHAT!!!!!!!

Yeah Will never did a movie with Carmon Diaz. Carmon Diaz was never in Hitch it was Eva Mendez shes hispanic. But wait so is Carmon Diaz shes Hispanic too. She ain't white. But then again I agree there is still problems in the entertainment industry. Like remember controversy with Spike Lee's joint "Jungle Fever" with Wesley Snipes. Now that I think about it Wes did another film about inter-racial get together in "One Night Stand". Anyway where did you get that info from? :confused3:

Hollywood star Will Smith has claimed that he was prevented from kissing co-star Cameron Diaz on screen, due to racial prejudices.

hhmmm... this has kinda been stated before, but Will has never done a movie with Diaz, so why would he say something like this? Eva Mendes is hispanic, and he kissed her... So when and where did he "say" this. Suspect.

i also heard that I, Robot was gonna have a little romantic storyline with Will and Bridgette but they didnt coz she was white. Im not sure how true that is tho. I wonder why its such a big deal tho, theres plenty of mixed-race couples in the world why cant they be in a movie?

i also heard that I, Robot was gonna have a little romantic storyline with Will and Bridgette but they didnt coz she was white. Im not sure how true that is tho. I wonder why its such a big deal tho, theres plenty of mixed-race couples in the world why cant they be in a movie?

i know, it's ridiculous. but even Will has said that he wouldn't mind, it's just some people in the US wouldn't like it....

Yeah sum ppl would find it offensive like this day and age where it seems everybody is piss off about sumthin'. But the thing is tho Carmon Diaz is hispanic too just like Eva. But it's just that she plays a lot of rolls where she is a white girl not hispanic. Ppl like Taye Diggs got hate mail from his fans becuz he married a white women. I guess sum ppl don't mind inter-racial relationships as long as you don't put it on the big screne. Sum ppl feel that you should stick to your own race. But to me that is just stupid. :angel:

It's not just the ppl that are ignorant. But the actors and actresses can be ignorant 2. Actors and actresses can choose who they want 2 do a kissing or lovemaking scene with. Sometimes the actors and actresses prejudice.

I believe one of Larry Elder's attacks on Will involved Will's belief that there is still racism in Hollywood. Elder, who himself is black, called for the boycott of Will's music and movies. Most of Larry Elder's audience, television and otherwise, is white. I think this is where we get the "Uncle Tom" comment in Mr. Nice Guy from Will.

I also believe there is still a racial prejudice between foreigners and americans, so to say.

On this aspect, foreigners, black or latina, turkish or canadian whatever,

those people are getting less recognition and value then white americans.

Also, Will Smith as ALI did deserve the oscar, %100.

They had to give it to denzel, because they wanted to wipe out the image

of a black men not getting 1, or woman, so therefore, but Will as ALI did deserved that award more then anyone else in the movie business, nobody will know how tough it is as an actor to be somone, and for crying out loud it's ALI.

Nevermind, i'm still upset about this ALI thing during the oscars , grrr