JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

album review

should the LP have been pushed back?

especially considering that Interscope is busy pushing the Teflon Twins (50 & Game)...

and, sadly, i really haven't heard "Switch" on Urban or Pop radio yet.. sigh..

• Admin

"black radio..they wont play me though" sure arent! even though switch is no. 1 on itunes and the no. 1 rap song on itunes, switch is currently the 80 most played song on urban radio..and thats even when switch is no. 19 on the billboard hot 100 :nono:

Alright let me start by saying as you all know (Im in the the minority here) that Born To Reign is my fav Will solo album. I just got L&F yesterday and I've been listening to it a lot. I like it quite a lot and yeah he is definitly spittin' some sh*t on the new album. Here is my only problem with it, I'm a huge fan of sharp crisp snare drums and there is very little sharp snares on the new album. Besides that small thing I think the album is great, not his best, but great. Light years better than BWS but not quite as good as Willennium or B2R but it is some of the best rap work I've heard in years. I've been talking to a lot of people lately who are big rap fans and they think Will is great. Maybe not as good as, for example, Ice Cube's early sh*t as far as roughness but think that Will is a great rapper and is not to be denied his place in rap history. L&F will find an audience and if it doesn't then we can all rest assured that we listen to some of the best music in the world. It makes me f*cking sick to hear some of the crap that people consider 'great' music. This is hands down the hungriest Will has been in years as far as rap is concerned and it really shows that getting ignored pisses him off a lot. Is this album a classic? Will it go down in history? Probably not. But it does prove a point, and that point is that Will has been doing this for years and it's about time that people listen to what he has to say, they don't have to like it but they better listen because he is making a statement. That statement is: I've been doing this rap sh*t for years and until you have done it as long as me you aint't got sh*t to say, until then take a step back and reevaluate the rap game because it is slippin!"

Edited by sixofthebest

"black radio..they wont play me though" sure arent! even though switch is no. 1 on itunes and the no. 1 rap song on itunes, switch is currently the 80 most played song on urban radio..and thats even when switch is no. 19 on the billboard hot 100 :nono:

thats pathetic. Yeah they'll play Eminem but not Will? sadd...very sad.

Alright let me start by saying as you all know (Im in the the minority here) that Born To Reign is my fav Will solo album. I just got L&F yesterday and I've been listening to it a lot. I like it quite a lot and yeah he is definitly spittin' some sh*t on the new album. Here is my only problem with it, I'm a huge fan of sharp crisp snare drums and there is very little sharp snares on the new album. Besides that small thing I think the album is great, not his best, but great. Light years better than BWS but not quite as good as Willennium or B2R but it is some of the best rap work I've heard in years. I've been talking to a lot of people lately who are big rap fans and they think Will is great. Maybe not as good as, for example, Ice Cube's early sh*t as far as roughness but think that Will is a great rapper and is not to be denied his place in rap history. L&F will find an audience and if it doesn't then we can all rest assured that we listen to some of the best music in the world. It makes me f*cking sick to hear some of the crap that people consider 'great' music. This is hands down the hungriest Will has been in years as far as rap is concerned and it really shows that getting ignored pisses him off a lot. Is this album a classic? Will it go down in history? Probably not. But it does prove a point, and that point is that Will has been doing this for years and it's about time that people listen to what he has to say, they don't have to like it but they better listen because he is making a statement. That statement is: I've been doing this rap sh*t for years and until you have done it as long as me you aint't got sh*t to say, until then take a step back and reevaluate the rap game because it is slippin!"

I actually agree with you on this, I felt musically Born to Reign was the best, the production that album was very nice - where as the production on Lost & Found sounded too much alike in terms of the drums that were used.