JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jada does sequel of bad boys?!

29/03/2005 - 08:39:37

Jada Pinkett Smith is reportedly in talks to turn husband Will Smith's cult action movie Bad Boys into an all-female affair with pal Queen Latifah.

The two leading ladies are working on a remake of Smith's comedy with Martin Lawrence - and they plan to call it Bas Girls.

Latifah tells magazine Jam! Movies: "Jada really wants to do the movie because we both know it's a great concept."

The pair first worked together on the big screen in all-girl heist movie Set It Off.

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/s...45x&n=139498483

Guest Guest

:dancingcool: Damn it's a good idea!! I think that's a great challenge coz there are very few action movies with women and a remake of the great Bad Boys could be a good thing especially with such charismatic actresses. I hope it will work. :thumb:

• Members

this is just my opinoin but i think if those two did a remake of bad boys iot would rin the entire real movie of bad boys if it did bad in the box office and it could mess up two classic movies so i dont think they should do it

bad idea. It'll be like "oh Will Smith's wife is doin the same thing her husband did" People are gonna get annoyed. Actually, most ppl don't like jada or find her annoying. This will only add on to that. Lame idea. Her and Queen latifah could do a buddy-cop thing if they want, but don't title it Bad Girls

• Members

bad idea. It'll be like "oh Will Smith's wife is doin the same thing her husband did" People are gonna get annoyed. Actually, most ppl don't like jada or find her annoying. This will only add on to that. Lame idea. Her and Queen latifah could do a buddy-cop thing if they want, but don't title it Bad Girls

exactly

I hope not.

Bad Boys = will smith/martin lawrence, it got to stay like that, CLASSIC.

They should name it BAD GIRLS or like that, not bad boys.

There is already a Bad Girls called film but I don't know it and who is in it... But another Bad Girls movie with Jada would be great! Bad Boys wouldn't be so great for sure and also it doesn't match then because Jada isn't a boy and the Queen neither! Like to see that film, lookin' forward to it - must be funny and loaded with womenaction hopefully! :thumb:

personally i'd love to see it happen, i mean how many action movies have two African American females in the lead? Especially with the chemistry like QL and Jada (Set It Off) but i wouldn't call it "Bad Girls", (Jada's got enough haters) i think people are viewing it as a spin off or something similar to Bad Boys b/c of the premise of the movie, maybe if they came up with a great script and better concept it'd be pretty good

Edited by willjadafan

:angel: Well I think the title is wrong cuz there is already a film called "Bad Girls" I think. It's like set in the Western era and has a bunch of cowgirls in it. So the the title it's a no go. But a sequel to Bad Boys means that it would be Bad Boy3 and it won't focus on Will and Martin's characters but two new characters now that is hard to do. That probably won't do so well cuz ppl wanna see Will and Martin. I love Jada and Queen. They we're real good in "Set It Off". But this would be a hard sell. Will and Martin made Bad Boys a blockbusters. Ppl would think his wife is trying to muscle in on Will's movie success. I can see them doing it but it would have to be really different from Bad Boys. It has to be set somewhere else not Miami. Not involed in drugs. Well let's see what happens. :mikelowry: