JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

hate it or love it

joetwizzy

Wow, some people take hate for an artist pretty far...Did you even stop and listen to Games CD< or base that opinion on "How We DO"(Which fr the record, 90% was written by 50 cent, and I think we can all agree he's dumbed down his style 100%)...

As for the video..its cool, I like that idea of it. A day in th Life sort of thing...

:werd: The documentry is one of my favourite albums. its great

see i disagree with most ppl here. Sure 50 isn't the greatest talent, but u don't have to knock Game just cause he WAS associated with him. I heard Game on the radio recently out here in LA, and he said he was no longer in G-Unit, but still with Aftermath. So he has no connection with 50 too much anymore. Most likely they ain't gonna work with each other anytime soon. However, Game has a lot of potential, and labeling him as wack won't cut it. He's got great songs on his album, a couple forgettable ones, but every artist has those. He does rap about more than guns, jewelry, women. Although he may have some gang ties in the past, he's makin pretty positive music. The veterans give the Game more props than they do to 50. Plus, I've seen some of the artists ppl "like" around here. I've seen the names MC Hammer and Nick Cannon, gettin props. LOL...You've gotta be a blind-sided hater, or just weird to be diggin Nick Cannon, thinkin he's a great rapper, then dissin Game for no skills. What's Nick Cannon's latest single? Some track about women with E-40. How helpful to the already dismal rap game. What's Game's next single? "Dreams"- which is miles better and smarter than the Nick cannon crap, which is a carbon copy of every rap song we already don't need.

• Members

yea game is a great rapper he is gonna bring back gangsta rap and wills bringin back hip hop what more could you ask for?

I've come to the point, where I don't think Detox will EVER Be released >_>

Been hearin about it for a minute now, and not even any clips of it...He did say theier was a 2006 release, though, so lets hope it don't get pushed back...

I've come to the point, where I don't think Detox will EVER Be released >_>

Been hearin about it for a minute now, and not even any clips of it...He did say theier was a 2006 release, though, so lets hope it don't get pushed back...

well he did say he had given up on it. then eminem said "dont woirry about that detox album, we'll make dre do it"...and on games album "dre got sumthing to say be quite...(LOOK OUT FOR DETOX)". So looks like plans back on for the album so dont worry.

Hey there ain't nothin' wrong MC Hammer, he worked hard to get in the hip-hop game, he'd sell tapes in the back of his truck before he got big, u might've thought success came to him quickly but it didn't, he also made a lot of powerful songs about God too and people called him soft for that but without God we ain't nothin' so I don't see nothin' wrong wit that, he put a lot of energy into his rhymes too even though they were simple, even 2Pac respected him when Hammer was signed to Death Row. Don't compare him to Nick Cannon either who only got a record deal 'cause he was known for doing a show for kids on Nickelodeon, he wasn't a freestyle champ, he never made a demo tape, so I don't consider him an mc, he's a comedian and should stick to that, that's not knocking him either, I'm just being real, although FP might respect him, it's probably only for the comedy not the rappin', FP's miles ahead of Nick Cannon in that department 'cause he grew up winnin' battles in Philly and dominated the golden era of hip-hop touring with the legends like Run-Dmc, Public Enemy, Slick Rick, and even NWA among others, I think hip-hop needs to get more diverse again like it used to be. I don't wish for any artist to fail, I think The Game's doing the right thing leaving G-Unit and going on tour with Snoop, I think Snoop could teach him the ropes of how to be a true artist and The Game might end up making some solid albums in the future, u never know, I like some of the songs on his album but it doesn't blow me away though right now, but I'd pick him over 50 anyday 'cause he has potential.

Edited by bigted

:werd: it's like when mos def was talking about. he said he remember a time where ppl like jjfp, slick rick could be sharing the stage with public enemy or nwa and there was no problem. But then sumbody said theres 2 kinds of hiphop: pop hiphop and gangsta rap. Pick which side your gonna be on. If you choose pop hiphop your weak or sumthin'. There is no such thing as pop hiphop or gangsta it's all hiphop. I love that Will is trying to bring that back. I think the game can make it on his own if he stays away from 50. I don't like to put ppl down in Hiphop but 50 is wack. He is acting like child. this beef with Fat Joe and Jadakiss over their roll in the video with Ja cuz 50 don't like Ja. 50 is bringing down the hiphop community with that type of bull****. There is no room in hiphop for that mess. But hey thats just the way i feel.

Once again I'd say that I blame Dr. Dre for a lot of this mess in hip-hop, if he really loves the hip-hop culture as much as he claims he does, he should take a stand and dump D12 and G Unit from his label and hook up with Ice Cube and MC Ren again to make an NWA reunion album, sign Public Enemy 'cause they're lookin' for a label to continue their legacy on, plus sign more younger artists that love the culture like The Game but of course have their own different styles too, and put creative differences aside with Rakim to bring real hip-hop back on the charts with his strong label he has, but he decides to just sit back and do nothin' about it and just make more money producin' the crap that's out on radio now, he's become the defintion of a sell-out, my respect for him has gone down. :nono:

Edited by bigted