JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Remix to Party Starter?

EBrew

I don't see nothin' wrong with Ludacris being on the track, he looks up to FP and respects hip-hop history more than most mcs these days, he might not be the best mc but he ain't dissin' everyone around like 50 and Eminem do like I mentioned 'cause he knows better not to, and actually the "Virgo" song he did with Nas and Doug E. Fresh was one of the best songs on Nas' "Street's Disciple" CD, a real throwback flava track and really impressed me. :kool:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

i think the best collaboration you could have right now is will and snoop dogg but with a better song than pump ya brakes i think it would be a hit

I really don't think Ludacris is that talented. He's a step above the normal stuff on the radio (Chingy, 50 Cent, The Game, Lil' Jon, Triville, etc) but i just can't get in2 his stuff. I think by keeping in on the remix of a song he already produced is limiting what the song can be. If Ludacris wants 2 jump on a remix, keep the same beat. Here's my idea 4 the remix....

It's JJ+FP 2005. The track starts out with that same sound, but Jeff starts scratching it like crazy. Then an old skool meets new skool beat drops. Totally different from the original. High energy, taking it back 2 the house party days. This version by the way is called "Party Starters"...FP's talking about him and Jazzy...not just himself. "Oooohh, we the party starters / u might call us old skool / but we party harder..." Don't limit where this song can go. :kool:

• Admin

haha you can tell you are wantin sum JJFP action :kekeke: i think will and jeff need to do an album..10 traxs every beat done by jeff released as jazzy jeff and fresh prince on an independant label

I really don't think Ludacris is that talented.  He's a step above the normal stuff on the radio (Chingy, 50 Cent, The Game, Lil' Jon, Triville, etc) but i just can't get in2 his stuff.  I think by keeping in on the remix of a song he already produced is limiting what the song can be.  If Ludacris wants 2 jump on a remix, keep the same beat.  Here's my idea 4 the remix....

It's JJ+FP 2005.  The track starts out with that same sound, but Jeff starts scratching it like crazy.  Then an old skool meets new skool beat drops.  Totally different from the original.  High energy, taking it back 2 the house party days.  This version by the way is called "Party Starters"...FP's talking about him and Jazzy...not just himself.  "Oooohh, we the party starters / u might call us old skool / but we party harder..."  Don't limit where this song can go.  :kool:

nah... i disagree. Do u have Luda's albums? I have Back for the First Time, Word of Mouf, and Red Light District. I think he is one of the better mainstream rappers out today. You cannot compare him to **** artists like Chingy, Nelly, or Trillville who have zero lyrical skills at all. Whenever Luda guest on a track, he outshines the original artist. People do complain about his content, but then they obviously haven't listened to his CD's. He does do some serious songs, but he is mainly a fun/humor rapper. That's what he's loved and famous for, so that's what you're gonna get. The fact that he also has shown a lot of respect for Will in the past and now, gets him more props from me.

Also your remix idea... sorry but no. This is 2005. People have evolved and sadly whether u like it or not the majority of ppl are lookin for new stuff. Not old-school nostalgia

Edited by *mimi*

Also your remix idea... sorry but no. This is 2005. People have evolved and sadly whether u like it or not the majority of ppl are lookin for new stuff. Not old-school nostalgia

The majority of people who listen 2 commercial rap may want that...but incase u haven't heard the lyrics 2 "Lost + Found," FP isn't tryna be on that tip. He dose what he wants and that's why he stands out so much these days. A JJ+FP remix would be easily beat a remix with Ludacris when it comes 2 quality.

Just like the RnB Remix of "Switch" is 4 people who like mellower Hip-Hop/R-N-B and the Reggae Remix is 4 those who love high energy Reggae/Dancehall, he can do a remix with Ludacris 4 the commerical fans...and a old skool remix 4 old heads.

I don't think everybody abandoned the ol' school feel, look at the success that LL's "Hush" had, that was a song that could've been released in 1990 and there's a handful of other tracks out performed by younger rappers that're ol' school samples, most of the mainstream fans are teenagers so they wouldn't realise that and if they were exposed to a JJFP single, JJFP might gain some younger fans and the older heads would appreciate it as well even though they don't buy much mainstream albums like the younger fans do at least they'd give it props and'd consider buying this album 'cause they'd be willing to support Will when they see that he's going back to his roots again(tracks like "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" probably turned them off from buying "Big Willie Style", "Willenium", and "Born To Reign" which featured ol' school tracks that were non-singles), but I think that even if this song wasn't remixed, it would still make a great single regardless, let's see what happens.

Edited by bigted

• 2 months later...

I really don't think Ludacris is that talented.  He's a step above the normal stuff on the radio (Chingy, 50 Cent, The Game, Lil' Jon, Triville, etc) but i just can't get in2 his stuff.  I think by keeping in on the remix of a song he already produced is limiting what the song can be.  If Ludacris wants 2 jump on a remix, keep the same beat.  Here's my idea 4 the remix....

It's JJ+FP 2005.  The track starts out with that same sound, but Jeff starts scratching it like crazy.  Then an old skool meets new skool beat drops.  Totally different from the original.  High energy, taking it back 2 the house party days.  This version by the way is called "Party Starters"...FP's talking about him and Jazzy...not just himself.  "Oooohh, we the party starters / u might call us old skool / but we party harder..."  Don't limit where this song can go.  :kool:

What they should do is keep the beat for "Party Starter" Throw Luda A Verse on it because hate it or love it AJ hes lyrically dope i mean who can come up with the line

"On The Last Album They Didnt Like Me Tell This

That Your The Number 1 Who Sold More Records Than Elvis"

:haha: thats funny as hell....i wouldnt like the chorus to be u might call us old school, because lets face it...i love old school hip hop, as an hip hop fan i aboustly adore the stuff. But what will needs to do at this moment in time is to come New School and do songs with Ludacris, Nas etc...

Some thoughts...

1. I personally like Luda. :2thumbs: For the record, Number One Spot is one of my favorite rap tracks on the radio right now, just a wicked fun song, cool sample, funny & well written. Beats the living pants outta Switch... thats right, the LIVING PANTS. And I will always rock out to Area Codes, just because.

2. A Jazzy produced remix would be great, with Luda throwing in a verse. I'd be fine with that. But all this type of speculation isn't my thing. We'll see. :wiggle:

3. Just a random thing: you can be non-commercial/crap rap and not be old school. It's not either or. There are more than two catagories of rap music. :smart:

4. In chess, the horsey moves in the shape of a capital "L". :fly:

5. Regardless of the remix, the original Party Starter is quite goooood. :jazzy: As has been said many times before, we need the single, ASAP. Knock Switch right off the airwaves. :1-say-yes:

Edited by scyhigh99

Ludacris fits absolute perfect for a remix on party starter! You'll gotta admit he produced one of the best tracks on L & F! The sound is just crazy! And Luda always says something funny/entertaining (just like Will)! So what should go wrong if he is on the remix???