JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

One year since...

Lerkot

Well, pretty unnecesserily topic but I just gotta say this...

Today its one year

- Since I heard my first JJFP-track (Summertime)

- Since I stopped hating all music

- Since I watched my frist JJFP-vid (Summertime)

It was a little like this... I got home from school watched FPoBA as usual, when I heard the intro and started thinking "yeaaah, now i remember, will's a rapper too!" so i started looking for the only three songs i had heard parts from eariler, Gettin Jiggy Wit It, Summertime and Miami. I found the Summertime-vid and started looking at it. The weather outside was great so I really got into some kind of trance, I was in a whole new world and man it felt wonderful.

I thought "man, is the summers really like that in philly?" and i still dont know but what I did know for sure since that day was that everything was better in the start of the 90's. How did you lose your JJFP-virginity? When?

hehe nice story ..

i dont know where and how i heared jjfp the first time .. im from '86 an im sure that i heared all those classics in my childhood (eg. boom!, summertime, girls) .. but i was definitely too young to buy a cd or even think about it :kekeke: ive seen fpoba kinda like my whole life long (as long as i can remember) :kekeke: .. when i was 11 or somethin like this mib came out .. and i loved it .. i didnt have a cd player so i sat there the whole day long at the radio and taped it on cassette .. a few years later .. i began to hear wills solo albums and i began to hear jjfp .. :thumb:

Well i must say that i grew up watchin FPOBA, but i only realized about their music by the time Bad Boys was released, so i had to catch up, and buy all the albums of the JJFP era.

And since then i kept on buying his CD's and watching his Movies.

And about a year ago i was searching for some info over the net and i found this site.

So i registered and here i am trying to keep as active as possible.

But i have to say that since i'm around i never had so much Will info and insider stuff, and i enjoy spending some time with you guys cause you obviously share my passion for JJFP.

So Thanks a Lot to all of you

:thumb:

Edited by iceonly

• Members

One day my friends said that FPOBA and Home Improvement were the best sitcoms shown on (German) TV

Then I watched Bel-Air and I thought: what the fu** is that?

It was an episode of the first season and I thought that Bel-Air is some kind of royal shi*tness, I can't explain better, sry^^

But then the intro was shown and I realised, hey, thats Will Smith

And then the whole JJFP story started.

I bought the albums and listened to them all day...

Edited by WillSummertime

• Members

Cool stories everyone!!

:afro:

That was a long time ago for me, cant remember, but I know that my brother and I have been absolute Will fans since FPOBA, spent days listening to the big willie cd, and also trying to convert every people we met, like "YES, Will is a singer, and YES, he's really cool..." LOL... Actually that was quite a success...LOOL...

We had, if I remember correctly, some of the first albums on tapes that friends gave to us...After, we bought the cd´s (my Brother has part of them, I have the other half :D), and that was it, fans till the end of time!

i got into Will from the moment i saw FPOBA in the early nineties, but that was just kind of a little crush.

When Boom! came out i was so happy and i absolutely loved it!

Then in the last season of FP i was totally addicted, then it all started happening with the movies and stuff and JJ+FP stuff just started taking over my life lol, so from about 1996-1998 i'd say i was a proper JJFP fan, and my collections been growing ever since...!!!!

i never really saw the first seasons of fpoba but ithink i started watching them from season 5 when they were first aired. i think i was still into cartoons then and not really sitcoms. i remmember the first episode i saw was the one with shaft in it and those girls were singing "Will.. Will Smith" i thought iwas so funny and started watching.

I also used to listen to my brothers tape and boom was on one of them, we used to play it really loud in the garage coz we were allowed, i actually used to think jjfp were pretty gangster coz they were rapping about a bomb lol. I was only 9 tho, i didnt know any better. I also had summertime on my best of summer tracks tape that i used to play all the time. At the time i didnt realise they were the same ppl that did boom lol.

• Members

I've been a fan since about 1990 needles to say i'm alot older than most of you.

(NOT THAT IT MATTERS) I still have to see Will & Jeff perform and my life will be complete. I've seen Will twice, at Ali premiere and of course at T4 last month.

I will get round to posting the pic of me and Will promise!!! I think i'vd watched all FPOB episodes ahundred times and I still love them.

Will said he can't believe that they are all still repeated constantly in most countries. :peace:

• Members

hmmmmm, what can i say? i think that i have started my travel with Will maybe 10 years ago... u know, i watched FPoBA on TV (i'm from Poland), i loved that guy.... and then i realized that he is a rapper too. i bought a "code red" casette and listen it a long time - next wills solo albums - all great!

in 2003 i bought all JJ+FP albums (CD) without first one - Rock The House :( I can't find it anywhere in my country!! and today i'm listening will as long as i can..

My JJFP fandom started when I first heard Men in Black on the radio and realized that it was Will Smith, the guy from the FPOBA. Then I realized how amazing my detective skills were when I heard about how he had rapped before too, under the name of "Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince," and pieced together that Jazz from the show was probably the DJ in that old group. :grin:

When I was 8 or 9, I was in a cheer/dance activity, and we did a dance to "Wild Wild West" but back then I had no idea who Will Smith was. Then one day last year, I found the tape with that song on it and I was like "Wow! I haven't heard this forever!" So I listened to it and I realized how much I liked the song. That's when I went out and bought Greatest Hits, which was the first album I've ever bought by Will Smith, and I noticed there were other songs I had heard before, like Men in Black and Miami. I fell in love with all the songs, and I soon found out about Will's solo records and the JJFP albums and the movies, and then I saw commercials on Nick@Nite that the were gonna show the Fresh Prince of Bel Air and I noticed Will was in that, too. I've loved that show ever since the very first time I saw the very first episode!! So I've been a huge fan ever since!!!! :peace: :kool:

Edited by FuNkY.FrEsH.ChIcK

My JJFP live era started around 97 when i listened to stuff like MiB. But i never really paid attention to the music. back in 99 i really got into Will Smith/JJFP. since then i bought nearly all their records.

Will2k was the track which made me a big Will Smith fan. the funny thing about it is that i dont really like it as much as other songs anymore. :kekeke:

I watched FPOBA since i can remember, the first season i saw, was the one where he was in philly to fight against that homeboy who spins him in the beginning. haha, i couldnt hold my tears! it was so funny. in the end where he lies on the ground at the stairs (i guess theres a known word for these stairs) he jumped up and that dude who takes Wills wallet out of his trainers. :hilarious: :hilarious: :kekeke: :kekeke:

JJFP Rock The House