It's Coming...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Track Two: Party Starter

The first few times I listened to Lost & Found, I admittedly skipped over "Party Starter." Feel free to slap me via smiley for that one. :slap: You see, the chorus just seemed a little generic (because, well... it is) and the whole thing was more aggressive than is usually my style - I like a more laid back feel for the most part. However, it has more than grown on me. The rhymes, especially as the song progresses, are well done, and I like the stuff he's sayin. And Luda's beat has without question become one of my favorites to blast in my (mom's) pimptastic Ford Taurus. :drive: Overall, another top-notch track here, definately a fun song. If Will wanted to release a club/dance-type piece as his first single off the album, I will never understand why this wasn't the choice over Switch.

(speaking of which... track #3 review comin up right quick!)

Edited by scyhigh99

• Admin

hey great start...i loved your first 2 track reviews and agree completely! switch is probabluy takin a while cause hes gotta talk about comin to this forum..saying how bad switch was and having a hilarious conversation with yours truly :kekeke:

Track Three: Switch

It is a fact that the only reason I ever joined this forum, after about 4 years or so of visiting jazzyjefffreshprince.com, was so I could get the mp3 of "Switch." :wavey: It is also equally true that my first several posts on this forum consisted of a laughably heated exchange between me and Tim about this track. It went something like this...

Me: "Switch is a horrible piece of crap!"

Hero: "Why are you here if you're just a hater?"

Me: "All I'm sayin is that with Born to Reign and now this, I think Will's officially lost it."

Hero: "Yep, you're an idiot."

...Or at least that was the basic jist of it. I'm pretty sure I MIGHT have been over-the-top at times in this argument, and I MIGHT have been warned about possibly getting the boot as a member (ouch). In the end, though, we straightened things out, mostly through the powerful bond of clickable smileys :peace: and I've been cool here since - as far as I can tell lol. However, one thing has not changed: I'm still not a fan of Switch. :mad8: I still think it's a repetitive beat, with an annoying hook, and decidedly unspectacular rhymes. But hey, I guess that's just my opinion. Despite what I may think, it IS doing pretty well as a single, all things considered, so I guess a good number of people disagree with me. Which brings me to my second random anecdote... After a field trip last week at school, me and a bunch of compadres hit up a Mexican restaurant for lunch. As I was inhaling a delectible beef burritto, a friend mentioned, had anyone heard that new Will Smith song? He thought it was pretty good, he said. I immediately replied that yeah, I had heard it, and it was absolutely terrible. :eek4: I know. I know what you ppl are gonna say. And I heard those replies about fandom and support that you would say in my head, and immediately redeemed myself by mentioning that the album had come out the day before, and that he should check that out as a whole. :thumb: That's right, I'm givin myself the thumbs up.

(that was ridiculously long... it might be a while before track 4 :wiggle: )

Edited by scyhigh99

• Members

Track Three: Switch

It is a fact that the only reason I ever joined this forum, after about 4 years or so of visiting jazzyjefffreshprince.com, was so I could get the mp3 of "Switch." :wavey: It is also equally true that my first several posts on this forum consisted of a laughably heated exchange between me and Tim about this track. It went something like this...

Me: "Switch is a horrible piece of crap!"

Hero: "Why are you here if you're just a hater?"

Me: "All I'm sayin is that with Born to Reign and now this, I think Will's officially lost it."

Hero: "Yep, you're an idiot."

...Or at least that was the basic jist of it. I'm pretty sure I MIGHT have been over-the-top at times in this argument, and I MIGHT have been warned about possibly getting the boot as a member (ouch). In the end, though, we straightened things out, mostly through the powerful bond of clickable smileys :peace: and I've been cool here since - as far as I can tell lol. However, one thing has not changed: I'm still not a fan of Switch. :mad8: I still think it's a repetitive beat, with an annoying hook, and decidedly unspectacular rhymes. But hey, I guess that's just my opinion. Despite what I may think, it IS doing pretty well as a single, all things considered, so I guess a good number of people disagree with me. Which brings me to my second random anecdote... After a field trip last week at school, me and a bunch of compadres hit up a Mexican restaurant for lunch. As I was inhaling a delectible beef burritto, a friend mentioned, had anyone heard that new Will Smith song? He thought it was pretty good, he said. I immediately replied that yeah, I had heard it, and it was absolutely terrible. :eek4: I know. I know what you ppl are gonna say. And I heard those replies about fandom and support that you would say in my head, and immediately redeemed myself by mentioning that the album had come out the day before, and that he should check that out as a whole. :thumb: That's right, I'm givin myself the thumbs up.

(that was ridiculously long... it might be a while before track 4 :wiggle: )

Thats kinda cold G

haha u should be a writer, but with less switch hating and more smilies.  :thumb:

:thanks: Thank you, that's actually my plan - gonna major in journalism when I head off to college next year. And sorry about the "hating," just my opinion! Also, my mission to pepper all my posts with as many smileys as possible shall continue, worry not. :ohnoes:

Edited by scyhigh99