JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Appreciation

Schnazz

I've been a huge JJ/FP fan since the late 80's. Since the beginning I've always tried to read/see all of their interviews and such. Inevitably I'd miss a lot. (they get a lot of press :) A few years ago I came upon this site (largely do to a remark by AJ on the old will smith board) and I've learned that this is THE place to go to find out everything about JJ/FP. The amount of information on this site is incredible, I get to stay current with not just main stream appearances and such, but also the little known stuff as well. Having a forum full of other fans, discussing and answering questions, lets me in on a lot of things I never would have been able to come across otherwise.

So thanks Hero for creating this site, it's greatly appreciated!

• Admin

no problem! i gotta give props to my man AJ for getting a lot of people to come check the site out..we know how much he is respected in the will smith fan community.. i also gotta give props to everyone who's registered here..we've built a really strong community of fans..who help each other out..and we now got sumthin special..plus this is only the beginning..shout out to my brother for designing the website 4 me, and hosting it on his webspace for all those years..shout out to my man hax for hosting this site and givin me a lot more space n bandwidth than he has to to help me cope... and a big shout out to DJ Jazzy Jeff! one of the most humble down to earth guys..who gave me and this site props.. and of course jazzy jeff and fresh prince..who without there great music i would have never even started this site sum 10 years ago... :bowdown: :thanks:

Thanx 4 the shout!! This community is definitly about team work. Each of the regulars and even semi-regulars bring flava 2 the board. Whether it's newz, MP3s, remixes, exclusive info, reviews, etc....everyone has their part. This place wouldn't be the same without everyone who is involved.

On a slightly related note, old skool Sony Will Smith message board fan, Shada picked up Lost & Found 2day. She said she loves the new album. 2 or 3 of u probably remember her.

I gotta agree to whats Schnazz is saying. This is really a community with open-minded people who is sophisticated enough to appreciate what Will and Jeff has done, does and will do. Ive been hanging around in lots of forums and most of them is on a very low level with people who just loves to irritate other people. Its nice to have find a place where people often has the same opinions (approximately) about music and about the whole lifestyle/religion JJFP has become.

Man I love this place.

yeah i think its great that every1 shares all there stuff, i wish i could share more but the only thing i know what to do is magazine articles lol. Its also why no news gets past us, we have ppl all around the world so we can get or hear most of the interviews Will does. There cant be many comunities like this 1 and im so glad its all about my fave artists.

thanx 2 every1 invloved, my video and music section on my comp is packed full of stuff coz of u guys!!! :thumb: :ridepony:

i have to agree that this board is the truth. much props to tim, aj, and all the other moderators. everybody brings something to the table. thanks for making me a potna and a moderator.

it's the best message board i've been on. i always know where to get the latest(and probably the most reliable) info on jj/fp.

:thumb: :werd:

• Members

this truly is the best message board ever you guys keep me up to date let me know when FP and JJ r gonna be places and I love the numero uno section for everyone who wants to write

THIS IS THE GREATEST SITE EVER

Yeah this site such fun to come to and post everyday, it's become a way of life for me to share my love for JJFP and the hip-hop culture with y'all and at the same time learn more about other dope artists I never heard of thanks to fellow hip-hop heads like Tim and AJ, I love sharing my songs with y'all too and I enjoy reading everyones songs and hearing your audios and giving feedback 'cause y'all share the same passion I do in expression, and I'm happy that I'm a potna and moderator now too, nuff props, JJFP.com forever! :jazzyinthehouse:

For almost the last 3 years or so, this site - this forum has been my home online. This is the page I come to every single day the last 3 years. At first I didn't really talk much but I got involved quickly. Prior to finding this site, my only music I really listened to was Will Smith. (Big Willie Style and Willenium). I didn't really have any other CDs and also I didn't pay attention much. I looked for Will Smith information online and I found a lot of sites but there were two sites that stood out. Of course this site but also Wes's (reborn2reign) website. It was a crazy site. I loved going to both sites. I signed up at this forum and shared my love for Will Smith and soon found out about pre-'97 era. I learned all about DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince. My quest for summer '02 was to find and collect all JJFP albums. I found all of them and my quest was complete. (My singles hunt still continues though). The people at this site filled me in a lot. Tim, the webmaster who created everything you see in front of you. I have nothing but gratefulness and respect for you. This is the place to be! No questions asked. Also AJ, this dude is like the biggest JJFP/hip-hop fan I've ever met. Look at his collection. He has over 2,000 CDs no lie. You ask him a rap album, chances are he'll have it or has heard something off of it. I've also learned rap music from this board. Like I said, I use to listen to just straight Will Smith. Yeah it was nice but man did I need something new. I was introduced to clean/positve rap music. I also learned about the evolution of the music and how it changed and had its different eras. Now I also listen to LL Cool J, Queen Latifah, Tupac Shakur, Run-DMC, Heavy D, Kid N Play...list goes on. I also write/type raps on the computer and make songs here and there and sometimes I just freestyle for fun like if im walking my dog or im in the shower (in my head lol). But it all goes back to this site. There's so many interesting people here from different parts of the world and all walks of life. You get a unique taste of everyone here and what there like and share other common interests. From Brakes and Fuq, to Julie and Big Ted, along with Wes and even Lerkot, them and everyone else makes it fun for me to come here. Even "Prince" was cool until the incident last year. Its my honor and a privledge to be a mod here at my favorite rap group's number 1 unofficial website. The vibe here, its great.

My advice to new members. Just get involved. Look how I turned out, I've learned so much and I'm having a blast. Don't just sign up, make one post just to get something rare then leave. Post and post and post more. Become a regular. It's your way of supporting JJFP and the music they have blessed us with. Theres still so many fans out there that just dont post. I don't know why, if I sign up at a forum, I'm gonna stay there and post. We all have busy lives but it doesn't hurt to drop a post a couple times a week maybe. You want the latest news on JJFP, keep it locked down here.

So Tim and everyone else that makes this place happen and keep it living, thank you so much man. It's a pleasure to be apart of this outstanding fan community. :thumb:

well i'm gonna add my little bit to this by continuing the praise!

I was a member of the old willsmith.net Sony board as some of you will remember. When that ended i didn't know what to do lol and i didn't even know this board existed, so for a couple of years i managed to survive (i don't know how) just surfing the net and finding the latest news.

Then eventually i stumbeled across this site, i was a lurker for quite a while and then i saw some familiar names, AJ, Tim etc and thought "yeah, i'll join again!"

and the rest is history!!

Everything a JJ+FP fan could wish for is here and it's fantastic, thanks everone :kiss:

Well thanks to the last 2 years or so i have spent on this forum, I've met Will Smith because of it. What more of an incentive for new members to stick around than that. I founf out here first Will was doing premiers for Hitch around the UK and with alittle persuasion from Brakes & Tim i was there front row and met Will and he signed one o my JJFP CD's.

In the late 90's i loved JJFP to bits, and being on this forum the last couple of years has borught all that magic back.

Thanks to all the fans here. Your all friends.

Yo Men! This site made me understand what hip hop is!!! I was involved only in will smith stuff... Now thanks to you all, I think I am a Hip Hop lover! i know everything about JJ+FP, I listen to a lot of old skool artists and new skool but now nobody can say me what is good or bad!! thanks to u I can understand, without thinking to what people Likes... This board is my second company!! and I'm proud to be a potna too!! I think I'm the first italian member to be a potna... I'd like to be more continous in posting but it's difficoult cuz of my work, but It's ok! and this board makes me improove my English that isn't too good yet..

I love you all!!!