JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jeffs scratches on Lost and found

Hero1

• Admin

why is jeff only credited for scratches on pump ya brakes and if u cant dance (slide) ??? i swear i thought jeff was scratching on here he comes, mr niceguy, lost & found, swagga and loretta.. if its not jeff scratching what is it? some1 else scratching or are they just usin sounds that sound like scratches.. or did they just not give jeff credit?

FP loves 2 put Jeff's name on his stuff. I think that if he did those scratches, his name would be in the credits. I waz listenin' 2 a track or 2 that had scratches on it 2day, not crediting Jeff. One of them didn't sound like Jeff's style. The other sounded kinda like Jeff, but not totally. I waz thinkin' about posting on Jazzy's board and asking. Now that i see this post, i will.

yeah its got me stumped..the stuff on lost & found sounds like sumthin jeff would do

definatly man, Tim like you I thought the same thing. I heard more and more scratches as I kept listening. Hmm...damn I thought he'd be on a hell of a lot more tracks.

I wish though they would release the "Switch" version with Jeff totally scratching it up like he has the last 3 performances on TV. That's always my fav.

Good news is though, the next 6-8 months Jeff and Will are together on the road so we're bound to get some new material eventually. *fingers crossed*. lol.

I would say Willennium waz where they were 2gether and stronger than ever (since Code Red). DJ Jazzy Jeff produced and co-produced more than half of the album and scratched on more than half of the album. He waz in all 3 videos as well. Not 2 mention the album being executively produced by DJ Jazzy Jeff + Fresh Prince.

Lost & Found has a few JJ+FP moments, but the album is really about FP claiming his place in Hip-Hop and showing the non-believers where he stands. I'm hoping the success of this album will be big and that their tour is very successful. Hopefully all the time 2gether and success will lead 2 a real JJ+FP album.

• 4 months later...

I'm still thinkin' FP did the scratches himself or had some in-studio DJ do it. Those trax featuring scratches on them but don't credit Jazzy don't really have Jazzy's style on them. The DJing is used more as an instrument on the songs rather than the way a DJ takes some of the shine as an artist...like Jazzy.

Just the other day I was listening to Lost and Found, and I was thinking how the scratches by Jeff were so good and was thinking about looking at the credits to see how many songs he was on. I really thought Jeff was on that track, but who knows, yeah, if I were Will, I would have Jeff on pretty much all my tracks.