JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Best Will Album ever?

Which album of Will do you like most including JJFP albums?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which album of Will do you like most including JJFP albums?

• Rock The House
    • He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper
    • And in This Corner
    • Homebase
    • Code Red
    • Big Willie Style
    • Willennium
    • Born To Reign
    • Lost & Found

• Members

Will said that he was able to say what he wanted on this album so for that this is his best solo album. Maybe if Columbia gave will more creative control on his music he would have had better material.  Columbia is mad at it's self right now and they should be for keeping a rap legend in chains :nono:

couldnt agree with you anymore :ditto: :werd:

They did a decent job with "Big Willie Style" but once 1999 rolled around, everything looked like "Willenium" was gonna be over the top, and it sold good 2 mill in its first day!! but after that, it all stalled. "Freakin It" was a crapass single to be released. If anything "The Rain" or "So Fresh" would've done a better job with Will's status as a rapper in the game. "Freakin It" was too soft thanks to the Trackmasterz production even tho Will's lyrics were damn good. Columbia then didn't even give "Born to Reign" any room to breathe. How it went gold I have no clue. "How Da Beat Goes" should've been a lead single or at least the 2nd single. That song was the potential hot chart topping single. Followed by "Give Me Tonite" and "Act Like You Know".

:urock: yeah I totally agree with you, How da beat goes on was a very good song; should have been released as a single, way better then Freakin it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will said that he was able to say what he wanted on this album so for that this is his best solo album. Maybe if Columbia gave will more creative control on his music he would have had better material.  Columbia is mad at it's self right now and they should be for keeping a rap legend in chains :nono:

couldnt agree with you anymore :ditto: :werd:

They did a decent job with "Big Willie Style" but once 1999 rolled around, everything looked like "Willenium" was gonna be over the top, and it sold good 2 mill in its first day!! but after that, it all stalled. "Freakin It" was a crapass single to be released. If anything "The Rain" or "So Fresh" would've done a better job with Will's status as a rapper in the game. "Freakin It" was too soft thanks to the Trackmasterz production even tho Will's lyrics were damn good. Columbia then didn't even give "Born to Reign" any room to breathe. How it went gold I have no clue. "How Da Beat Goes" should've been a lead single or at least the 2nd single. That song was the potential hot chart topping single. Followed by "Give Me Tonite" and "Act Like You Know".

:urock: yeah I totally agree with you, How da beat goes on was a very good song; should have been released as a single, way better then Freakin it.

Hmm I like both!!! :thumb:

If you look at hip-hop back in the mid-90s everyone was samplin' '80s tracks it seems(especially Puff Daddy), FP wasn't the only one doing that, I'd take "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" over most other sampled tracks back then anyday even though it ain't one of my favorite songs. To say that "Lost and Found" is FP's best album is a bit of a stretch 'cause he's put out many classic albums before, that's not knocking it, but that's like sayin' KRS recent albums are better than "Criminal Minded", ain't nothin' toppin' that, but it's nice to see them keep on putting out classic albums at this age better than those half their ages comin' in.