JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Best Will Album ever?

Which album of Will do you like most including JJFP albums?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which album of Will do you like most including JJFP albums?

• Rock The House
    • He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper
    • And in This Corner
    • Homebase
    • Code Red
    • Big Willie Style
    • Willennium
    • Born To Reign
    • Lost & Found

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna say "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper" is the greatest JJFP album so I voted for that one, it won the 1st rap grammy and is incredible to listen to still almost 20 years later, but I have fond memories from "Big Willie Style" 'cause that was around the time I started listening to JJFP and I could say that I enjoy that album still as much as I did when I was 12 but more for me feelin' tracks like "Don't Say Nothin'" and "Just The Two Of Us" than I used to feel "Gettin' Jiggy With It" and "Miami" but memories of middle school dances pop in my head when I hear those tracks, hopefully there'll be some great memories with this "Lost and Found" for me, another classic to a great career.

I'm gonna say "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper" is the greatest JJFP album so I voted for that one, it won the 1st rap grammy and is incredible to listen to still almost 20 years later, but I have fond memories from "Big Willie Style" 'cause that was around the time I started listening to JJFP and I could say that I enjoy that album still as much as I did when I was 12 but more for me feelin' tracks like "Don't Say Nothin'" and "Just The Two Of Us" than I used to feel "Gettin' Jiggy With It" and "Miami" but memories of middle school dances pop in my head when I hear those tracks, hopefully there'll be some great memories with this "Lost and Found" for me, another classic to a great career.

Haha nice man, good to know! I know Will for a long time, since Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air and I unfortunately only listen to his music since the ''Willennium'' album but now I enjoy Will a lot more than in the past!!! I really liked and enjoyed him before but now he's way more talented, way more betta, way more greater, he's just kickin' it now and so I like him very, very much!!!!!!!! Uhm by the way if u don't know, my fav. celebs are:

Usher, Will and Aaliyah 4 eva!!! ( The order is not important )

:sonny:

• Members

I would say a few people are really into L & F right now which leads me to believe that this poll would be different if done in a year or 2. My fav album is .....and in this corner which would put me among a select few that enjoy that one.

Lost & Found doesn't hold a candle to JJ&FP's stronger material and it's probably a tie between Willenium for the best of the solo releases.

I can't believe so many people have voted for Lost + Found!! I'm thinkin' alot of those votes are the new people (not that there's anything wrong with that). I'm not counting the JJ+FP albums, but i'd go with Willennium when it comes 2 solo albums.

I can't believe so many people have voted for Lost + Found!! I'm thinkin' alot of those votes are the new people (not that there's anything wrong with that). I'm not counting the JJ+FP albums, but i'd go with Willennium when it comes 2 solo albums.

Nah man, I think L&F is really dope and when it comes to the solo albums it's the best!!! It is so great for me ( I think also for all, maybe... ) because how Will said that some people, fans will be shocked when they hear this and so it was for me! I really was shocked but it ain't anything bad, nah the album is awesome!!! Finally he responded to some people he always wanted to respond to and he said what he always wanted to say! Plus his style, his flow is so agressive, so hard and I like that very much on this new album!!!!!! Will is just great, definately his best soloalbum for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

• Admin

i'd rate lost and found well above big willie style.. big willie style had a lot abt will sayin how good he is..and the beats by trackmasterz while they might sound good offer no creativity they just sample 80s classic and offer nothin 2 the beats themselves... so i'll take lost and found over BWS easily..will is spittin sum real ****..the topics..songs are also on another level.. willennium i class as a JJFP album so ill rate lost & found above born to reign and bws easily tho

• Members

Will said that he was able to say what he wanted on this album so for that this is his best solo album. Maybe if Columbia gave will more creative control on his music he would have had better material. Columbia is mad at it's self right now and they should be for keeping a rap legend in chains :nono:

• Admin

Will said that he was able to say what he wanted on this album so for that this is his best solo album. Maybe if Columbia gave will more creative control on his music he would have had better material. Columbia is mad at it's self right now and they should be for keeping a rap legend in chains :nono:

couldnt agree with you anymore :ditto: :werd:

Will said that he was able to say what he wanted on this album so for that this is his best solo album. Maybe if Columbia gave will more creative control on his music he would have had better material.  Columbia is mad at it's self right now and they should be for keeping a rap legend in chains :nono:

They did a decent job with "Big Willie Style" but once 1999 rolled around, everything looked like "Willenium" was gonna be over the top, and it sold good 2 mill in its first day!! but after that, it all stalled. "Freakin It" was a crapass single to be released. If anything "The Rain" or "So Fresh" would've done a better job with Will's status as a rapper in the game. "Freakin It" was too soft thanks to the Trackmasterz production even tho Will's lyrics were damn good. Columbia then didn't even give "Born to Reign" any room to breathe. How it went gold I have no clue. "How Da Beat Goes" should've been a lead single or at least the 2nd single. That song was the potential hot chart topping single. Followed by "Give Me Tonite" and "Act Like You Know".

• Members

I loved Big Willie Style and Willenium and the tracks were hot on both of them but like you said Columbia didnt give Born To Reign any room to breath. Columbia thought that his movie success would be able to carry his music so they gave no promotion for born to reign and they locked will up by not letting him say what he wanted. Columbia wanted will to stay in the teeny bopper pop style music but when he did born to reign he showed a deeper and more adult style that is how he got gold. Anyway none of that matters anymore WILL IS BACK :peace:

Will said that he was able to say what he wanted on this album so for that this is his best solo album. Maybe if Columbia gave will more creative control on his music he would have had better material.  Columbia is mad at it's self right now and they should be for keeping a rap legend in chains :nono:

They did a decent job with "Big Willie Style" but once 1999 rolled around, everything looked like "Willenium" was gonna be over the top, and it sold good 2 mill in its first day!! but after that, it all stalled. "Freakin It" was a crapass single to be released. If anything "The Rain" or "So Fresh" would've done a better job with Will's status as a rapper in the game. "Freakin It" was too soft thanks to the Trackmasterz production even tho Will's lyrics were damn good. Columbia then didn't even give "Born to Reign" any room to breathe. How it went gold I have no clue. "How Da Beat Goes" should've been a lead single or at least the 2nd single. That song was the potential hot chart topping single. Followed by "Give Me Tonite" and "Act Like You Know".

:werd: