JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

ludacris used to blast jjfp

• Admin
VH1: What was your first car?

Ludacris: Aw, man, you don’t want to know about my first car! I was in high school – it was an ’86 Plymouth Reliant, one of those box cars. I bought it from my teacher. What made it so bad was the paint job. When you do a wax job and leave the wax on there for too long, it permanently messes up the paint on the car. But I didn’t care because it was my first car. I just didn’t want to ride the cheese anymore – we called the school bus “the cheese.” I didn’t care what it looked like as long as I had wheels and speakers in the trunk. That’s what we liked doing in the South. We love getting big speakers. As long as our sound system is cool, the car can be completely messed up! [Watch Clip]

VH1: Were you the guy who would drive around and pick up all your pals?

L: Everybody was trying to get a ride! If you don’t jump on the bus, you're in a cooler category - because the day you’re not on the bus, everybody’s like, “Damn! Where’s what-his-name? He must have got a ride with somebody. Lucky him!” In the car, we’d blast “Summertime” by Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince on our way to school. We'd even in the wintertime, because at that point you’re just waiting for the summer to come.

[url="http://www.vh1.com/artists/interview/1472179/05302003/ludacris.jhtml"]http://www.vh1.com/artists/interview/14721.../ludacris.jhtml[/url]

I saw on another interview of Ludicris on VH1 a couple years ago, he also mentioned that he was a fan of "The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" show! :dancingcool:

Well, it doesn't surprize me.
Ludacris listens to everybody, he even listens to classic Rock.

I don't like listenig to Summertime during school time because it just makes me so mad.

But when it's a hot saturday, I do that sometime

• Members
[quote]Ahh Summertime is such a classic. Just goes 2 show that everyone comes together 2 hear that amazing track. A JJ+FP fan and an Eminem fan could be in the same room and both enjoy that song. [/quote]
Depends on wich Eminem fa tough :P alot of Eminem wanabe's only like eminem and 2pac

[quote=JumpinJack AJ,May 7 2004, 12:54 PM]If Ludacris knows what good music sounds like...why dose his suck so much?!?[/quote]
haha good question...

thats cool though that he liked JJFP....im sure Eminem probably secretly liked "Parents Just Don't Understand". He can even relate to that in a way.

[quote=DevilsJim89,May 7 2004, 01:06 PM][/quote]
im sure Eminem probably secretly liked "Parents Just Don't Understand". He can even relate to that in a way.[/quote]
:werd: Eminem said that his favorite rappers growing up were Run-Dmc, Slick Rick, N.W.A., and LL Cool J, so I bet that he liked JJFP too but he just fronts like he didn't!

Eminem most likely used to Bump Fresh Prince all the time. But for some reason, he attacked him, for something that wasn't even Directed 100% at him..

anyhow, AJ, why so much hate for ludacris man? Eh, either way, I wouldn't put it behind an MC in the game to have liked JJFP.

I don't "hate" anything...i just can't stand his music. Don't get me wrong, i like a few trax he's been on, but overall, i hate his music. One of the 1st trax he did waz "Fat Rabbit" on Timbaland's solo album and i loved that song....i've just been more and more disappointed in what's he's done in recent years.