JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Producers?

Agreed. Will does say on westwood, "Jazzy on the wheels" when Pump Ya Brakes was played. And I mean, we know Jeff's skill and style, and that is his all him at the end of Pump Ya Brakes, so it's most likely a mistake or a misprint. Again, it doesn't take 5 or 6 people to write a rhyme, especially after Will's written it already. The people mentioned are most likely production, "samples" and people who were just hanging around the studio passing out water at the time.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jazzy is sure scratching a little and stuff like that but he didnt produce it... thats not always a bad thing (remember Summertime, Jeff didnt produce it but it was the best track on Homebase) but tracks produced by Jeff is generally better than the other stuff on the cds...

"Here He Comes" should've been called "Here They Come" referring to both JJFP, did Will at least even mention Jazzy Jeff in the song at all? This sucks, the kids still won't even know who Jazzy Jeff is now! :mad8: Well there better be a JJFP tour still 'cause if he released this album and went straight back to movies, I would lose some respect for him 'cause that ain't keepin' it real to the JJFP fans.

"Here He Comes" should've been called "Here They Come" referring to both JJFP, did Will at least even mention Jazzy Jeff in the song at all? This sucks, the kids still won't even know who Jazzy Jeff is now! :mad8: Well there better be a JJFP tour still 'cause if he released this album and went straight back to movies, I would lose some respect for him 'cause that ain't keepin' it real to the JJFP fans.

True that true that! I think Will only says Jeff one time on the album, and that is WAY too bad.

• Admin

no mention of jeff on the whole album.. jeff does scratch on 7 tracks tho! this album really is missing a "pump me up" or "i wanna rock" this aint no willennium..that was sum real JJFP! executive produced by dj jazzy jeff & the fresh prince..jeff produced 9 tracks..and you had joints like so fresh and pump me up..

So the album just got wack cuz jazzu ain't on it? weird.. before y'all knew the writing credits... everybody loved every song..

AND... as y'all see.. this is just the writing credits. Not production credits.

I see no Mary j Blige or Timbaland (Timbaland is confirmed by will himself.. i see no ludacris...)

This probably isn't accurate. just wait 'til album drops before y'all dismiss this album

im not commenting on the album at all..i think its excellent..im just saying we need more jazzy jeff and fresh prince.. :ali:

Cool.. Me 2. But i really don't expect that 2 happen.

• Admin

im not commenting on the album at all..i think its excellent..im just saying we need more jazzy jeff and fresh prince..  :ali:

why's that?

Aight I was over my head when I posted those comments but that was my reaction when I saw Jazzy Jeff credited for one track, of course though Will could hold his own too as a solo artist but I think he's even more phenominal when he teams up with Jazzy Jeff, this is hip-hop's version of Jordan and Pippen here, even "Big Willie Style" wouldn't have had that much success if Jazzy Jeff didn't work on nearly half the albums tracks, so with that being said with Jazzy Jeff being on only one track, this album will not be one of the greatest hip-hop albums ever made like I was thinkin' it'd be(I personally don't think he'll ever top "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper" anyway, that set the standard for the JJFP legacy, it's like Nas with "Illmatic"and KRS' 'Criminal Minded'), but it'll probably be the best album released in recent years, which is good enough for me 'cause I even liked "Born To Reign", Will could never appear wack to me, he's too damn consistant! :peace:

im not commenting on the album at all..i think its excellent..im just saying we need more jazzy jeff and fresh prince..  :ali:

why's that?

Cause It's been so long since last time.. and Will has said no more JJFP. I believe he'll stand by that. Maybe a tour and so, but not a album. It's so.. like.. unlikely... Too good to be true.

why's that?

Cause It's been so long since last time.. and Will has said no more JJFP. I believe he'll stand by that. Maybe a tour and so, but not a album. It's so.. like.. unlikely... Too good to be true.

Actually right now I think its Jeff who's not that interested in that project...