JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

"Tell Me Why" Appreciation Thread

Viktor

I can't even describe the feeling i get when i hear this track. It's so unbelievebly good! If they would release this as a single it would go to number one in one day. It's perfect for radioplay. It would be the first number one in a long time that really has a message. The first number one where the creator has really had something important to say. It's the best song of the album.

(as usuall: sorry for my spelling misstakes)

Yes, it's a very beautiful, well written track. And the emotion is almost tangible, you can hear it in his voice. Mary kills it as well. I don't want to ruin the listening experience for those who haven't heard it yet, so I'll keep my comments to the minimum, but you guys will enjoy this.

Yeah..this and partystarter should be new singles.

Yeah, in my mind, nothing will ever be better than summertime, so that's a non starter. The Rain... it's close. The Rain was so introspective though that I would deem it better as well. For the fans, you get to see a little bit of Will, and he kicks so much knowledge on that track, it's ridiculous. Tell Me Why just has so much emotion and meaning behind it however, you instatly have to propel it to his top 5. Now where it stands in that top 5 for everyone, that's up to you. But it's an excellent track.

this track is simply amazing. i get goosebumps when i listen 2 it. i feel like crying at the same time. i love the way will rips the end of the second verse. could someone help me out with Mary J's solo part?

here's what i've got so far:

Souls are captured

Dreams are stolen

Hearts are broken

Evil blatantly rewarded

They surrender

Love exaulted

Hope and (?)

(?)

thanx 4 the help

Great beat, great hook w/ Mary, great first verse... but after that 1st section about 9/11, I have the same criticism I do of Jadakiss's song (don't take this out of context, its about 1000000x better than his "why" track): it just seems like a laundry list of hateful things that suck. It's definately a good track, a voicing of frustation at the ignorance that seems to be far too prominant in the world, but as for the message... I dunno, I just think it's more of a AGHHHHHHH frustration track. Great track, but not as deep as some ppl are saying, as far as I can see. Don't mean to sound too negative (for the record, this might be my favorite Will Smith album ever) but just offerin up my thoughts on Why.

Edited by scyhigh99

i'm totally feelin' ya scy. i felt the same way 2, but on the other hand will doesnt cover any of the topics that Jadakiss covered and he definitely sounds better 2 me and we know Will means it more than Jadakiss. i have no problem with Will expressing his feelings and lettin go. thats what i ask him 2 do.

• Admin

this aint like other songs because.. its his kids who are what 5 to 12..seeing all this terrible stuf and asking why? i mean what would you say? as a father to them..and will is kinda stuck and the frustration and the emotion is all layed out on the track..incredible

this aint like other songs because.. its his kids who are what 5 to 12..seeing all this terrible stuf and asking why? i mean what would you say? as a father to them..and will is kinda stuck and the frustration and the emotion is all layed out on the track..incredible

I totally agree - hope I didn't make my point unclearly.

I totally agree - hope I didn't make my point unclearly.

:werd: same here i definitely love the track, i was just sayin what i thought about when i first heard it. of course now i have a much better appeciation for it

• Members

The Song is good, but i don't really like the production of the Beat. It doesn't sound real! You can hear that all instruments were produced with an computer! But the arrangement is very great! And the lyrics, also!

Edited by J-2-K