JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

A curse word edited out?

Yeah, i heard from an inside source that FP drops the F-bomb on "Tell Me Why" back in 2003. I expected him 2 re-write the line 4 the official release. I'm surprised FP is gonna leave the F-bomb in there. Since he's such a kid-friendly artist, i wonder if there will be 2 versions of the album where 1 has a note saying "Tell Me Why" contains explict lyrics. I guess we'll find out. Even tho' i know FP is using it 2 add 2 the song, i still don't like the idea of him saying it.

Yeah, i heard from an inside source that FP drops the F-bomb on "Tell Me Why" back in 2003. I expected him 2 re-write the line 4 the official release. I'm surprised FP is gonna leave the F-bomb in there. Since he's such a kid-friendly artist, i wonder if there will be 2 versions of the album where 1 has a note saying "Tell Me Why" contains explict lyrics. I guess we'll find out. Even tho' i know FP is using it 2 add 2 the song, i still don't like the idea of him saying it.

It's edited, but you can tell what it was; this album is not on the same happy go lucky type vibe of BWS or his previous releases (Which may also explain the usage of the word). Plus, those same kids also see Wills movies where he also curses alot more than this, so I don't really see it as bad as you would've.

AJ, you will be surprised (Don't worry, yes I heard the album, but i'll be first in line, next tuesday).

His style is totally RAW here. he comes harder than he ever came. this album beats all his last 3, hands down.

i knew will cursed in this song a year and a half ago..so no surprise..its edited out but he gets his point across..

:werd: I don't think FP's just a rapper for kids, a lot of older and mature heads listen to him too, he's at the point in his career where he wants to get that frustration out, he's tired of people callin' him a Disney rapper when he's an mc for all ages.

i knew will cursed in this song a year and a half ago..so no surprise..its edited out but he gets his point across..

:werd: I don't think FP's just a rapper for kids, a lot of older and mature heads listen to him too, he's at the point in his career where he wants to get that frustration out, he's tired of people callin' him a Disney rapper when he's an mc for all ages.

Yeah, he got mature so he started cursing! That sounds so wrong, and maybe it is.

• Admin

Will said "why the **** cant love seem to defeat hate" ? seems a pretty reasonable thing to say when hes talking abt 911, war..and how he cant explain to his kids why all the terrible stuff in the worls is happening..