JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

50 Cents "Candy Shop"

hotzappa11

It's official now that Nas will not waste time to respond to 50 cent, good for him 'cause there's important things in his career to do, from emptv.com, I just wanted to let y'all know 'cause all their was fake lyrics roaming around on the internet of Nas responded:

Nas: '50's Got Five To Six More Albums To Go Before I Can Really Respond'

03.25.2005 8:33 PM EST

'If [a response record] is meant to be, it'll happen,' rapper says.

Jadakiss and Fat Joe have responded to the challenges from America's top-selling artist of 2005, and Nas says he keeps being asked if he'll be next.

Hip-hop's most lyrical newlywed has been addressing 50 in British publications with comments

"There are lot of people waiting for me to make this next record and go after 50. If it's meant to be, it'll happen." — Nas

like one that appeared in New Nation: "He's out there posing for cameras like the Incredible Hulk and sh-- ... It's sad for a lot of real guys." Rumors on the Internet of Nas threatening 50's career definitely haven't slowed the questions.

So is it going to happen? Asked during his U.K. tour last week, Nas left a veil of mystery around whether or not he'll respond on wax.

"Of course, there are lot of people waiting for me to make this next record and go after 50," explained Nas, who says he's still in honeymoon mode (see "Nas And Kelis Tie The Knot") and is about to get his "grind" back on and record some new material. "If it's meant to be, it'll happen. I don't think it's really that deep. We all love hip-hop. It drives people crazy, 'Come on, come on! Respond with something! Respond!' You gotta chill and let us do our thing. People are gonna talk, the media is going be like 'Nas do this, do that.' At the end of the day, I'm the one that goes into the studio and lays it down. You gotta wait.

"To sum it all up, 50 is still a new artist," he continued. "I would say he's got a good five to six more albums before I can really respond to him. With my other battles, it was different. This is not really my thing right here. I would say he would needs about five to six more albums."

When asked about being called out in "Piggy Bank," the rap veteran didn't seemed too fired up. He simply charges it to the game.

"It's reality, being put in a big publicity stunt," he said. "My name being in stuff like that is not out of the norm — it's just hip-hop music. You have moments where you'll be like 'Ah, this is not cool. Then you have moments when you're like 'I think this is cool. It keeps people listening.' So either way, it's all good.

"Why is it always Nas that people wanna go after?" he considered. "I think something about me intrigues a lot of artists. I'm not so crazy with media. I'm not so out there. Still, I care just the same as somebody who tours all year, who has 50, 60 videos a year," he joked. "I care about my music and I care about the game just the same. I think people are just curious."

Even after all those albums, 50 Cent still won't have any talent tho.' He won't even have anything 2 rap about. His new album is nothing but his old albulm recycled. U think he can make 6 more albums and keep rapping about nothing?!?

Even after all those albums, 50 Cent still won't have any talent tho.' He won't even have anything 2 rap about. His new album is nothing but his old albulm recycled. U think he can make 6 more albums and keep rapping about nothing?!?

10 years from now if 50's still alive he'll probably still rap like a 12-year old, he's like all the other pop rappers, but he'll gradually fade away and won't be able to go to the underground again 'cause he lost all of his original fans already he had during his underground mixtape era, the teeny boppers love him right now though 'cause he's immature like they are. :poke: I don't think Nas would ever take him seriously.

Well he lost me! :ridepony: I keep open mind to all levels of hip-hop: gospel/underground/gangsta/mainstream/general, it's all the same game 'cause it's about skills and flow, and 50 just doesn't impress me, bottomline that's how I feel and I'm gettin' to enjoy some "Lost and Found" soon. :peace:

Edited by bigted

50 will be around he just keeps evolving thats why he has sold 1.1 million in 4days so i don't think he lost any fans

well I am not one of those fans. I hate 50 cent. His rap isn't even worth 50 cents!! :hilarious:

50 will be around he just keeps evolving

Well, in the 90's...his mixtape stuff and cameos on other artists trax weren't 2 bad. But since he officially dropped, that time in between waz him evolving in 2 a wack artist. And there's no evolving from his 1st album 2 his second. The same subject matter (none) is the same, the beats are just as crappy. It's just totally recycled.