JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

No Hype?

Kinda misleadin title..

Interscope is known for being wack at promotin their artists outiside of the U.S.

Lost and found is being released in Europe as the time as in the U.S but the song is only being played in a couple of countries like UK and Germany (barely). Maybe in Italy and so too, but nuthing specific. In the u.s it's a hit though if your lookin at the charts.

Scandinavia with a potential of shipping over 200 000 copies over a weekend, makes it the biggest market in Europe after U.K and Germany. But Switch has been played like one time on radio, and not being shown on TV.

That probably is the situation in more parts of the world.

Another example of wack interscope promotion: 50 Cent. Sold 2 million of his new album in 12 days in the U.S. . . He debuted on 10:th place on the charts over here.

So... Lost And Found is probably going to be a U.S & U.K matter.. Big Willie style was huge all around the world..

Interscope should have promoted switch better in europe.. I doubt the album is going platinum.

I by the way copped switch single yesterday. nothing special. bought it to support will.

have pre-ordered lost and found.. getting it 29:th.. can't wait.

I doubt the album is going platinum.

I wouldn't go that far. Switch is still rising on the charts, he has the jump off with Mary J. Blige (which he says is either the first or second best record he's done to date), and possibly the release of Party Starter with Ludacris or Pump Ya Brakes with Snoop. The album hasn't even been released yet, but if the rest is as good as what we've heard so far, it will sell, regardless. Also, a few people will buy the album just to hear Mr. Nice Guy. Basically, all that to say... I'd pump my brakes on any bad predictions just yet...

I think Interscope is doing a decent job thus far. It's still really early and there's gonna be other singles released off the new album that will just explode everywhere..."Party Starter", "Pump Ya Brakes" and "Why" will most likely be the front-runners to what will be released as singles. You cant really judge an album and how it will do just based on the first song.

One of the things bad with being an fanatic fan is that you can't see clear. WIll isn't perfect, neither is switch. We've heard snippets with bad quality from party starter and pump ya breaks. The only one saying "why" is good is Will himself. And will wants to hype the thing up. Of course he says it's dope.

I don't think we should think positive if things ain't positive.

Fact: Switch is a hit in the U.S

Fact: An albums first two week sales are crucial for the rest of the albums sales.

Fact: Switch ain't a hit in Europe or the rest of the world. (except U.K?)

Fact: Interscope are promoting ain't puttin enough of work in promooting it in Europe.

I ain't being negative.. just being realistic. I've been around with alot of the fellas on this board.. since willsmith.net... since 1999 or sumthin.

I've seen the hype and talk around both Willenium and Born to reign. Willenium did aight... but it was also backed up by two international hits (Wild wild west & Will2k).

Born to reign had like the biggest hype on the forums.. Everybody was going crazy and thinking it would be huge... and like the days before it was released... we understod that this wasn't gonna go well. And it didn't... god damn, it sold less then Nas latest flop.

Hopefully.. Lost and found will do ait the first weeks.. atleast 100k. And then a huge hit will help it.. (we still don't know which hit though... maybe one of the others songs that we don't know anything about it a supersong..)

I just don't think we should we too positive and then have our dreams and anticipations broken.. We can hope.. and promote... But don't be unrealistic..

it's everywere in uk, on music channels also doing well on the request charts, it's also been on radio 1 abit, trl are playing the video more now, and they are also using the song alot on the promo's they show

what ive found is that switch is doing it for itself. I see it a lot on TV, on average about 3 times a day. But its mostly shown on request shows and request channels. MTV base hardly plays it apart from its chart which is a request chart.

I hear it a lot on kiss radio which is a hip hop, dance and rnb station but ive yet to hear it on more popular radio stations. I think switch will do well bcoz ppl wanna hear it, its being requested so much. Hopefully it will do well in the chart and other radio stations will play it more.

Its not getting much help but switch is good enough to be a success without thier help. Radio stations cant tell ppl what they wanna hear and the ppl want switch!

i wouldnt even worry about such things..the albums gonna be dope..thats all that counts..the sales will take care of themselves..

:werd: As long as the album's dope and I like it that's all that matters, sales are irrelevant, basically anything on the charts is wack now, so if it doesn't go platinum it'll be aight with me as long as I enjoy it, a lot of my favorite albums ain't multiplatinum with the exception of JJFP's previous releases and a few others, I'm just happy that JJFP are still in hip-hop making music for the fans and doing it for the love of the art, that's what I'm most excited about!

Well, Switch is getting airplay in Belgium! And it get's played on TMF and JimTV (music channels)! The single was released march 15 so i expect it to hit the charts here soon! It has a buzz! I know some friends who don't like Hip Hop or Will Smith but they love this song!!

GERMANY: They're not playing it on TV channels (I've only seen it once on MTV Brand:New where they showed it as premiere) and they're not playing it on the radio. I don't know why...

ITALY: 'Switch' came out on CD march 11, 2005 - no, it isn't in the single charts YET !!!

But it made no. 14 on the italian airplay charts and they're playing it a LOT on the TV channels 102.5 Hit Channel, Rete A All Music and MTV - so.... I THINK IT'S DOING VERY WELL IN BELLA ITALIA ! :thumb:

I think the hype around the single and the album is a bit weak period....not just in certain countries. As fans, we read all the news a see it's chart positions, but i havn't seen the video on TV since the week it came out. I've never heard the song on the radio. One one person i know has heard "Switch." Interscope hasn't impressed me at all...they haven't done anything that any other record company would do.

Exactly. If i didn't have the internet and visit this site...like any person who isn't a huge fan, i'd only know about "Switch" from when he dropped it on 106 + Park. Other than that, there is no sign of it from on a non-internet basis. No hype, no real promotion.