JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Promotion

Yo men! I can't wait for the new album.. but I hope that when it'll come out, the new label doesn't make the same mistake done with born to reign. I think it's better no track about will's films be in the album, or I hope it isn't the first single because people can think that the album is not hip hop. Fresh Prince is fully hip hop and he needs the right respect, so his new label must promote him for what he is, a rapper still in the game. I hope the first single is with jj.. it would be fantastic!! :rock: :dj:

There's a possibility that the 1st single will be with Jazzy Jeff 'cause the word is that they worked on some of the new tracks, but in the worst case scenerio, the first single would end up wit Petey Pablo, I don't know y'all I wanna hear somethin' new! :dunno:

Yea, Will said he was eyeing a track he did with mary j Blige for the first single.

No new label yet(as far as I've heard), And it'd be stupid of them to not promote him. Why sign him, then mes up his first album with them?

The first single will be with Mary J. Blige as was reported in a UK interview.

For real though, FP needs more respect. Columbia screwed his hip-hop image and street credit with the crap they pulled. Tommy Motola and the rest of the idiots thought that by cross-promoting his films and music, it would sell well. Well yeah, sounds like a plan, but it wouldn't continue to work. Having "Black Suits Comin' " as the first single off Born to Reign burned the album and Will's respect as an emcee. What should have been the first single was "How Da Beat Goes". I don't get how 1,000 kisses was released. No offense, but that's just not the single type song. You didn't see "Chasin' Forever" or "Afro Angel" as singles did you? Nope. Again, Columbia screwed up.

I'm thinking FP should go back to Jive. He may be old yes, but Jive always did a great job with promotion of JJFP. Remember it wasn't their fault "And In This Corner" didn't sell well. Jive would revive the original JJFP image of fun hip-hop. Not FP being a bigshot hollywood sellout whos desperatly trying to make music as Columbia promoted him as. So what if Jive is full of pop artists. JJFP could easily get around that.

Who knows. I'm just dying to hear some new music.

• Admin
will just needs to release... something!! :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

im well past hanging out for sumthin from FP.. we are now coming up to 2 years since we have heard something new....

I don't know if Jive's a good idea 'cause look at what they did to KRS-ONE and A Tribe Called Quest!! :cussing: How would Will get hip-hop cred if he joins a label just filled wit pop artists?!! :dunno: He's better off promoting himself 'cause he's already well known, he should sell his records out the back of his truck,ha ha! :kekeke: Just kiddin' but he should try to set his Overbrook label off 'cause look at how far Jay-Z went with his underground Roc-A-Fella records! Will is well known so he could go platinum easily!

Let Will take his time on this! We already know he said he feels the industry is weird, that should be enough of an excuse 4 us 2 understand the delay. Think about how long it took 4 Jeff 2 release The Magnificent...and just look how magnificent it really waz!

We've got the I,Robot soundtrack and the Shark Tale soundtrack comin' up which features a few trax by our man FP! We gotta be really patient on this, cuz when it does come, we'll appreciate it much more!!

I'm not pick...i just want new music. Just traditional FP/WS music. As long as the beats are good and Jazzy Jeff is somehow involved, i'll be happy. I don't care what kinda label he is on as long as FP has most of the control of what is promoted.

[quote=WildWildWillennium,May 2 2004, 04:13 PM]Let Will take his time on this! We already know he said he feels the industry is weird, that should be enough of an excuse 4 us 2 understand the delay. Think about how long it took 4 Jeff 2 release The Magnificent...and just look how magnificent it really waz![/quote]
Yeah but Hip Hop is not a person. It doesn't change on its own. It's the rappers that change hip hop.
I know it's Will's decision to do it whenever he wants. I just wish he'd do it sooner.

God Blessa!

[quote=djsilvertiger,May 2 2004, 04:01 PM][quote=WildWildWillennium,May 2 2004, 04:13 PM] Let Will take his time on this! We already know he said he feels the industry is weird, that should be enough of an excuse 4 us 2 understand the delay. Think about how long it took 4 Jeff 2 release The Magnificent...and just look how magnificent it really waz![/quote]
Yeah but Hip Hop is not a person. It doesn't change on its own. It's the rappers that change hip hop.
I know it's Will's decision to do it whenever he wants. I just wish he'd do it sooner.

God Blessa! [/quote]
I see what you're saying man. That's true. I think it's safe 2 say we all want Will 2 release some new stuff soon, but I also want him and this album 2 be successful. After all, if this one does poorly...he might forget about making another album altogether. :eek4: