JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Bracket Tip

scyhigh99

Theory (and tip for those of you fillin out your NCAA brackets): dunno if you heard about it (story below), but the fact that J-Watson leaped out of a 2nd story window and basically only got a few scratches... Well, I just feel like that's some kinda omen about the luck my BC Eagles are gonna have in the tourney. He clearly should have broken somethin, but he didn't. In fact, I'll just come out & say it... BC OVER ILLINOIS.

That's right. I'm callin it! :ridepony:

Boston College player injured during raid on home

March 13, 2005

BOSTON (AP) -- Boston College guard Jermaine Watson jumped from a second-story window to escape gun-toting masked men who burst into his off-campus apartment, police said.

Watson cut his ear and left hand early Saturday. He did not practice Saturday or Sunday but coach Al Skinner expected the senior to be ready for the No. 7 Eagles' first-round NCAA tournament game against Pennsylvania on Thursday in Cleveland.

``He said he's OK and he wants to play,'' Skinner said.

There were no arrests in connection with the raid, which appeared to stem from a dispute during a party at Watson's apartment. Watson had a bandage on his left hand when he attended BC's selection Sunday event in a campus dining hall but would not comment on the fight.

``He probably won't practice that much,'' teammate Jared Dudley said. ``But when the game comes, he'll be ready to roll.''

Athletic director Gene DeFilippo, who left Sunday's event with Watson, said the school is investigating. Skinner said Watson most likely will not face punishment by the team or school ``because he's the victim.''

``I don't think he's done anything wrong,'' Skinner said.

Police were called to Watson's apartment in Boston's Brighton neighborhood to investigate a disturbance. A woman claimed she was pushed to the ground after she refused to leave the apartment and end the party, police said.

About an hour later, police returned after neighbors heard a fight break out. The second-floor apartment was vacant but in disarray, police said. Watson and a friend, who were found hiding in nearby bushes, told police four to five masked men brandishing guns, knives and baseball bats entered the apartment.

``Jermaine's a tough guy,'' DeFilippo said. ``He's one of the toughest people, mentally, that I know.''

Watson averaged nearly 10 points and more than three rebounds this season for the Eagles (24-4). Boston College lost 78-72 to West Virginia on Thursday in the quarterfinals of the Big East tournament. BC shared the regular-season title with Connecticut but finished 4-4 after starting 20-0.

Edited by scyhigh99

Well y'all, don't be too cocky in calling this tourney. Upsets can happen all over the place. A #16 is gonna beat a #1 one of these years. It's never happened but it will one day. One team's lose is another team's gain (if they capitalize on the opportunity. There are some teams I'd like to see advance but it will be an upset. And btw topdawg, if this makes U feel any better; I put the tourney on my ESPN 2k5 college basketball and that the standing that came out.

It was UNC, Duke, Illinois, i forget the last. think they were a 2 or 3 seed.

and for some reason, if a certain team has a special on them before the game, they end up losing. it's so weird. Kinda like the sports illustrated thing in the NFL.

There's gonna be some upsets for sure, not too many #1 seeds have made the final four over the past few years, it's gonna be an exciting few weeks.

U kno I'm pullin for North Carolina Tar Heels, but lately it seems like they can never pull off the big games, like going down to the wire. Considering the way their talked about, U would think they would. And a lot of guys on ESPN think it's gonna be UNC and Illinois. (or maybe that's just what they want) Those guys had mostly #1s in the FInal Four.

Don't forget the women y'all. They can play just as well.

Well y'all, don't be too cocky in calling this tourney. Upsets can happen all over the place. A #16 is gonna beat a #1 one of these years. It's never happened but it will one day...

I think it's a good possibility it could happen this year, I don't think that the top college teams are as dominant this year as years past, which is a good thing 'cause it'll make a better tournament, when tournaments get too predictable, the games are boring.

Yeah thats true. But this is MArch MAdness bigted. It's just not in its nature. I remember watchin' ESPN and the lowest seed to reach the final four was an 8 i think. that or 11. THose two numbers stuck out. I probably got the topics mixed up.

Villanova was a 9 seed when they won it all in '86 over Georgetown. Anything can happen - it's madness, baby!!!! (for the record, I find Dicky V very annoying)

I have #16 seed beating a #1 seed in my bracket, Montana over Washington, even if it doesn't happen I don't see Washington going far anyway. I only have Duke going to the Final Four as a #1 seed.

So how's everybody doing with their brackets? I lost Kansas as a Final Four team already, so that pretty much kills my chance of winning, but at least I'm not the only one that didn't pick that upset, I wish I picked that one instead of Montana. :nono:

Well I've got 200 (2), but ESPN messed up and says I got 190. And 210 (3) but only one is messed up saying I got 200. I had Syracuse to to the Final 4 in two of my brackets. ANd the funny thing is my XBox said Vermont would upset Syracuse by 2. How crazy is that?

I really don't care about my brackets anymore cuz I got some diverse picks. Any of them can win it for me (maybe, but i doubt it). I'm still pullin for UNC. Go TAR HEELS!!!!

Well I had Illinois(for obvious reasons), UNC, Oklahoma & Wake Forest in the Final Four. Oklahoma lost so that just blows up my bracket. There have been a lot of upsets. I think the biggest shocker was Kansas losing to Bucknell.

Go ILLINI!!! They're still alive. Go UNC!!! They're still alive. UNC & Illinois are my two favorite teams so I hope they meet in the national championship game.

1. I do feel bad about BC, and not only b/c their early loss ruined my bracket... But u know what? They'll be back next year. (this is all I will say, b/c I could write a book on this topic, but I will restrain myself lol)

2. I absolutely crapped on my friend for picking Vermont over Cuse in his bracket. Woops. Needless to say, this friend has gotten back to me about this haha.

3. I, on the other hand, was berated for picking West Virginia over Wake. That's right, I called the W. Forest upset. I have also gotten back to ppl about this.

4. My new prediction is that Washington goes all the way. They are the only team that can rightfully play the disrespect card. They're a number 1 seed, but noone knows a thing about them, and noone cares that they don't. I just have a feeling they're gonna do it, even tho this has no basis in any understanding of what type of team they are.

5. Switching over to the pros, and clearly getting off topic, my Celtics are unbelievable. March Madness is nice, but the NBA is blowing my mind right now, b/c I've never seen Boston play such great basketball, except on ESPN classic haha. These guys are sick, and Toine is officially my hero forever. :ridepony:

Edited by scyhigh99