JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

about will!!!!!!!

i think he's very different from other rappers bcoz he isnt afraid 2 do what he wants. When all the other rappers say he's weak coz he doesnt cuss in his records, he doesnt care and just keeps doing his thing.

Its hard 2 find other rappers that are so laid back like fp that just wanna make feel good tracks and dont care about money or looking gangster.

I think lyirically he is a lot more intelligent than others too, i still miss things in his songs that are really smart and whitty.

[quote=Jazzy Julie,Apr 30 2004, 02:06 PM]i think he's very different from other rappers bcoz he isnt afraid 2 do what he wants. When all the other rappers say he's weak coz he doesnt cuss in his records, he doesnt care and just keeps doing his thing.

Its hard 2 find other rappers that are so laid back like fp that just wanna make feel good tracks and dont care about money or looking gangster.

I think lyirically he is a lot more intelligent than others too, i still miss things in his songs that are really smart and whitty.[/quote]
:werd: No other M.C. is as laid back as Will is, I think that song "Born To Reign" represents what Will's all about as far as what he stands for, he's not arrogant and cocky, he just lets his work speak for itself.
"Trying to live righteous
Fighting for life
This is my life
And that's why I go light on my vices"

Guest lambertj3
jazzy julie if you want to hear a smart and witty rapper , kanye west is a great artist to listen to . Will is different from other rappers because he is more commercial more for the kids while others such as 50 cent are for the adults

:werd: Kanye West is a throwback to the ol' school style of hip-hop, he's very versatile,I read an article about him in the May issue of Vibe and it was a refreshing one to read 'cause Kanye's very original compared to other rappers out right now. His style's similiar to when KRS-ONE first came out, he doesn't sound like the other Roc-a-fella rappers and I admire his hustle for the music like 50 Cent has too! :rock: I give Kanye 'nuff respect for him performing "Jesus Walks" on MTV(Direct Effect) 'cause I like to see something real on there for a change other than ignorance all the time. The reason why I like ol' school hip-hop alot 'cause it's music that stands for somethin' that'll touch others and not just benefitting the artist. The only reason why he's probably popular though is 'cause
he's associated wit Jay-Z 'cause the only reason why Tatayana Ali went platinum was 'cause she was on the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air wit Will Smith.

Yeah, Kanye is actually an amazing emcee. I never thought he waz that great, he SEEMED 2 be just another one of those wack rappers out there, but then I actually sat down and listened 2 what he had 2 say...and he surprised me. All his singles so far have been dope with positive lyrics

"Jesus Walks"...wow. This waz the track that made up my mind about Kanye West being a dope emcee.

"So here goes my single dawg, radio needs this
they say u could rap about anything except 4 Jesus
that means guns, sex, lies, videotape
but if I talk about God my record won't get played - huh?"

Yo ted, I don't think he's really popular cuz of Jay-Z...I mean he did help him, but Kanye is a well-known producer and I think that's what really made him popular first. He's done trax 4 Alicia Keys on Diary of Alicia Keys, Mos Def, Twista, Janet Jackson...the list just goes on and on.

He's a refreshing change from all the :nhawong: on the radio, and like Will, u have 2 admire his positivity and skill on the mic.

Guest Guest_guest
The way ppl talk about Kanye kinda reminds me of how ppl talk about Will. Ppl say that Will is arrogant and ppl say the same about Kanye. They both just happen to be confident in themselves and I think that's a good thing.

• Admin
kanye does not have great rapping skills :eek4: :eek4: :eek4: man i dont know what guys you listen to these days :dunno: he does make up for it with his lyrics and production though

the thing that caught my eye was the fact that he rapped with his mouth wired shut, i was like wow how do u do that.

I think tho these days u have to settle 4 rappers like kanye, he's is the best thats out there right now, hopefully his positive lyrics will spark that off in more up and coming rappers and maybe even inspire Will 2 release his album, like the fugees did in 96. We really need some1 like that to make hip hop take a turn away from all this commercial crap.

I've got Kanye's back on this one. I can't agree that he's got no rapping skillz...u have 2 check out more than just a couple of his trax. Imagine if someone came here and judged Will's talent on the mic with "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It"...haha...we'd obviously tell them 2 buy the album and check him out. That's how it is with Kanye. "All Falls Down" may not show his skillz, but check out his album...it's genious.

[quote=WildWildWillennium,May 2 2004, 10:25 AM]I've got Kanye's back on this one. I can't agree that he's got no rapping skillz...u have 2 check out more than just a couple of his trax. Imagine if someone came here and judged Will's talent on the mic with "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It"...haha...we'd obviously tell them 2 buy the album and check him out. That's how it is with Kanye. "All Falls Down" may not show his skillz, but check out his album...it's genious.[/quote]
So true. I downloaded some of the album and it's really good. I gotta go buy it sometime soon. Kanye's got skill. It's there.

[quote=Jazzy Julie,May 2 2004, 09:42 AM]I think tho these days u have to settle 4 rappers like kanye, he's is the best thats out there right now, hopefully his positive lyrics will spark that off in more up and coming rappers and maybe even inspire Will 2 release his album, like the fugees did in 96. We really need some1 like that to make hip hop take a turn away from all this commercial crap.[/quote]
:werd: No doubt, I'm glad that you mentioned the Fugees 'cause they were a positive hip-hop group(reppin' 'Jersey well), I wish that they didn't break up! :tear: Wyclef is on J Records but doesn't get the credit that he deserves 'cause he's one of the more multitalented hip-hop artists of all time 'cause he puts out complete albums! I like to listen to hip-hop albums that are good from beginning to end, that's what seperate Will, Wyclef, and Kanye from the pack! :rock: They should all colaborate togetha some day!

Guest Prince
If I'm honest I'd admit that I've been isolated from radio and TV lately, so haven't heard anything by Kanye, but I'll have to check out some of his songs. My question is, how do you pronounce his name?

I think what makes Will different from other rappers is that he's positive, and has the ability to be versatile in his rhymes.