JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

A Little Help Here People

KevTastic

Just for a uni project here, What are your favourite all time Hip-Hop Music videos and What makes them so good? Old or New.

Thanks, Tastic

• Admin

pharcyde - drop.. one of the best rap videos..shows the video is completely backwards..and the pharcyde members memorised their rhymes backwards so it looks normal!

jjfp - summertime - just a great video completely capturing the essence of the song!

souls of mischief - 93 til infinity .. just a really well shot video..beautiful scenery interesting locations, and again that great vibe like the summertime vid

pharcyde - drop.. one of the best rap videos..shows the video is completely backwards..and the pharcyde members memorised their rhymes backwards so it looks normal!

Is their anywhere online I can see that video? I've heard about it for years but have never actually seen it!

I've tried Launch and Blastro but can't see it!

• Admin

this reminds me of somethin when MTV used to have artists pick their favorite videos..cant remember the name of the show..but LL Cool J rated pharcyde's drop as one of his favorites.. and kylie minogue had summertime as her 2nd all time fav video..i remember how she was talking about how she remembers when it first came out..and she loved it! :thumb:

Just for a uni project here, What are your favourite all time Hip-Hop Music videos and What makes them so good? Old or New.

Thanks, Tastic

De La Soul - Stakes is High .. just a damned def video ... de la keepin it real :thumb:

JJFP - Summertime + I'm looking for the one .. you know why :kekeke:

LL Cool J - Hush .. this now and then scenario really rocks ..

De La Soul feat. Jungle Bros and A Tribe Called Quest - Buddy .... just a really cool chill out video about havin fun ..

A Tribe Called Quest - Award Tour .. stylish ^^

Kanye West - Jesus Walks .. there are 2 video versions .. 1 of them is a bit lame but the other one is really great .. :angel:

Here's my all time favorites in no random order:

BDP feat. Doug E. Fresh, MC Lyte, Heavy D, Public Enemy, and others "Self Destruction", Such a powerful song and video, nice to see all these legends in one video

Public Enemy "Fight The Power", another powerful song and video, it was for Spike Lee's classic "Do The Right Thing"

BDP "My Philosophy", the 1st black and white video in hip-hop history, it was a nice tribute to the great Scott La Rock

2Pac and Dr. Dre "California Love", this video is like a movie, the hip-hop's version of "Thriller", this shows the artistic genious of 2Pac

Rakim "When I Be On Da Mic", a nice throwback video in the late '90s

Eric B. and Rakim "Microphone Fiend", it shows a young kid lovin' to go on the mic, this is what hip-hop is all about

Slick Rick "Children's Story", one of the funniest videos ever

Dr. Dre and Snoop Doggy Dogg "Ain't Nothin' But A 'G' Thing", this represents the west coast vibe

Naughty By Nature "Hip-Hop Horray", Naughty By Nature tearin' it up, 'Jersey's hip-hop at it's finest

LL Cool J and Boyz II Men "Hey Lover", such a smooth mid-90s vibe just like the song

and last but not least DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince "Parents Just Don't Understand", this hilarious video inspired the creation of "The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air"

Artifacts .. wrong side of the tracks

Krs one's Return of da Boom Bap Video..

Jazzy Jeff Fresh Prince.. I wanna rock/Brand New Funk

.. 3 videos, 5 elements.. what do u need more??? :dancingcool:

Beastie Boys - Intergalactic (This just seemed ahead of it's time, beastie Boys going round Japan rapping while a giant robot fights a evil squid, haha)

De La Soul - Ooh Ooh (I think thats what it's called, i've only seen it once and the members of DLS are dressed up like in the story to Follow The Yellow Brick Road, it's just hilarious)

DJ Format - We Know Something You Dont Know (Breakdancing animals, enough said)

JJFP - Summertime (Just pure bliss, it brings out all the emotions of summer)

I also love "Drop" by The Pharcyde, along with their video for "Passin Me BY" also.

P.s I thought there were 3 videos for "Jesus Walks" by Kanye.

Edited by hotzappa11

:thumb:

Word. That's a great video.

Lauryn Hill: Everything is Everything

JJFP: Summertime

Will Smith: Men in Black

K-Os: The Love Song

Run DMC: Down with the King

The Roots: The Seed 2.0

There's a lot more that I love, just can't think of them right now.

God Blessa!

• Admin

whats up fatlip-fatlip

the funniest video of all time

i got that 12" when it first came out..love it :peace: but ive never seen the video! still waitin for that fat lip solo album 6 years later :kool:

KRS-ONE "Step Into A World"(Rapture's Delight), A perfect display of the hip-hop culture

FP "Miami", that was such a fun looking video, there was some nice eye candy in that video too

Nas feat. Lauryn Hill "If I Ruled The World", it's my favorite Nas video and song, this represents the street essence of hip-hop

Salt-N-Pepa feat. En Vogue "Whatta Man", what I can I say they were looking gorgeous in this video, it was a great song too, I know a lot of guys would've wanted to be in this video