JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

DOPE PICS!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are great!! I waz gonna say they are from 1992, but they are from 1993. Notice the Janet Jackson "janet." picture in the back of the last one. That jacket that FP is holding in the 1st one is my fav. He's worn in photo shoots from 91/92.

Yeah too bad JJFP didnt continue with massive colour stuff. I think that was an important part of their image, together with music videos taped outside.

Well, that's the way fashion evolves. Lots of colors were just popular back then. I'm still partly stuck in that era myself. I like 2 stand out so i alot of my gear is bold and bright. JJ+FP still love bright colors (especially FP). Check some of the pictures they've done in recent years. I remember seeing a pic of JJ+FP from over the summer where Jeff is rockin' a bright green shirt. I think their are still pix on his site from summer 2003 where he's rockin' a white hat with a bright red shirt. Born To Reign promo pix have FP sporting the bright red "Big Will" jersey. Lots of Big Willie Style appearances pix have FP with bright colors. The bright colors in fashion were BIG in the early 90's...they died out, kinda came back in the late 90's...but that's the way fashsion is. Since JJ+FP don't put on this fake images, they haven't abandoned color. When u look at 50 Cent, Ja-Rule, and other rappers who put on fake, hardcore images, they tend 2 stick 2 black cloths. JJ+FP, LL, Nick Cannon, Nitty, Comon Sense, Queen Latifah, the kinda artists who don't put on fronts aren't scared 2 embrace color. Colors can totally represent personality. Lack of colors in gear are usually sported by people with 1 dementional personalities....people with lots of personality tend 2 embrace color. We all know JJ+FP has tons of personality...ha ha.

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH THAT. ALL THE "HARDCORE RAPPERS" ALL OF THEM WEAR BLACK OR THE WHITE WIFEBEATERS. BUT I'M GLAD WILL AND JEFF NEVER CHANGE THEIR STYLE. I REMEMBER MUSIC VIDEO ITS WAS OFF THE WILLENNIUM ALBUM. I KNOW THAT JADA WAS THE DIRECTOR OF THE MUSIC VIDEO. I THINK IT WAS "SO FRESH" BUT ANYWAY MUSIC VIDEO WAS SET BACK IN LIKE THE EARLY 90'S AND WILL HAD THE FADE AND JEFF HAD THOSE GLASSES. BUT MOST IMPORTANT POINT WAS THE CLOTHES THEY HAD ON. THE OLD SKOOL CLOTHES. I LOVE THOSE CLOTHES. :afro: :kool:

I'm feelin' them! :peace:

• Admin

the point about clothes is a good one.. i mean the homebase cover.. the clothes will and jeff are wearing..that sums up the album right there!! i'm like AJ too.. i loved that early 90s vibe/clothes/colors/style it just made you feel good :bowdownslow: