JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

WILL DOIN NEW SITCOM?

Lerkot

Im not so sure that he will stay away from sitcoms... I mean, he has reached the top in rap, and he is possibly the most succesfull actor right now, and I think Will wants to reach the top in TV too. FPoBA stayed out of Nielsen ratings pretty often and I dont think he's too happy with that.

maybe Will though it was really fun to be doing guest appearences in all of us, maybe he liked it so much he wants to do tv again...

I think it would be really funny to see this new sitcom, but its allways dangerous to do a spin-off. Every single thing will be compared to fpoba. It would be fun if the new sitcom would have lots of references to fpoba.

i dont like the idea, part of the reason FPOBA was so great was becasue of the charcters and wills attitude. This was during the early records were it was all fun and that made his attitude on the show great. Personally i dont think that if they had a spinoff, it would be good cuz that wacky attitude isnt really showing nowadays. All the characters would be hard to get since they are older now, if they brought them on the show. And the concept seems bad too.

Edited by WILL IS ILL

FP may do some producing and some sitcom cameos, but he's not going back 2 TV quite yet. I can see him going back 2 it when his music career slows down alot and he gets 2 an age when it stops doing so many action/sci-fi type movies...but not anytime soon. I definitly don't think he'll ever do a spin-off 2 FPofBA...that's got "BAD IDEA" written all over it. He loved the show so much that he ended it on a stong note. Why would he go back and ruin it's legacy by doing something like that??

:ditto: Yeah I think Will only produce it and makes cameos. Maybe it's the character simliar to the character Will played on the FPoBA. If Will were to stared in a sitcom that will take time away from music and film projects. Thats why the FPoBA ended after 6 seasons because Will's film career was on the rise. Cause remeber if Will's new album does really well Will wants to go on a world wide tour. Then Will has the film with Ben Affleck and he already producing and staring in a rags to riches story called the "Pursuit of Happiness" and another film he wants to star in a movie were he plays a superhero called "Tonight He Comes". What time is there to do a sitcom with Will as a star of it.

• Members

I think they could get the whole cast back together again. Whether they would do that or not anyways. It's nice to see will interested and I'm sure the other guys would consider guest spots. The one person I would see having a problem with it is alfonso......I've read in interviews that he's frustrated at that character because he felt it really typecast him. Tayana Ali has been MIA for a few years, so I'm sure she'd have room on her schedule (plus she was interviewed for the "Back to Belair featurette so she's prolly pretty receptive in general to the show. James Avery ditto. Karyn Parsons, dunno......and whoever played the Mom for the last 3 seasons, dunno.

Yeah, I agree with you on the Carlton typecast thing... I wouldn't think any of the other characters would have a problem, I mean afterall it was fpoba that made their tv careers wasn't it?

I suppose Tatyana might not be so entusiastic, I mean she has her whole career ahead of her it wouldn't be wise for her to get stuck in a role like this.

I think it's doubtful there'll ever be any more episodes of fpoba anyway, as AJ says it's got BAD IDEA written all over it.