JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Who's real,Who's fake

here's my proof. rapping about sex, girls, ice, cars, drugs and hood activities are ignorant. we all know that this stuff goes on in the hood. i'm from the south side of chicago where i see this on a daily basis. it's one thing to talk about that kind of stuff but what about offering solutions to it.

rappers who rap about this garbage are doing absolutely nothing to edify hip-hop or to put positive images in the minds of impressionable young kids. the last thing kids need to hear after seeing negative images all day is hearing more trash from cats like 50. the hood lifestyle is not glamorous. innocent people are harmed by the hood lifestyle. my best friend was killed by a meaningless robbery attempt.

as i said before, cats can like 50, g-unit and others. but please, don't insult my intelligence by telling me it's real. if you want to be real, offer some solutions. if you want to be real, tell kids to stay in the books. if you want to be real, tell young people to be active in the church and the political process. being fake is "teach you how to stunt."

and that's what real!

:werd:

i used to live on the SouthSide and the WestSide Top Dawg and ur right it's certainly nothing i haven't seen on a daily basis, everytime one of these rappers comes out it's just the SOS

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's my proof. rapping about sex, girls, ice, cars, drugs and hood activities are ignorant. we all know that this stuff goes on in the hood. i'm from the south side of chicago where i see this on a daily basis. it's one thing to talk about that kind of stuff but what about offering solutions to it.

rappers who rap about this garbage are doing absolutely nothing to edify hip-hop or to put positive images in the minds of impressionable young kids. the last thing kids need to hear after seeing negative images all day is hearing more trash from cats like 50. the hood lifestyle is not glamorous. innocent people are harmed by the hood lifestyle. my best friend was killed by a meaningless robbery attempt.

as i said before, cats can like 50, g-unit and others. but please, don't insult my intelligence by telling me it's real. if you want to be real, offer some solutions. if you want to be real, tell kids to stay in the books. if you want to be real, tell young people to be active in the church and the political process. being fake is "teach you how to stunt."

and that's what real!

Oh man, very nice said! U are absolutely right!!! My man here know what he talkin' about! :thumb:

50 cent never sugarcoats anything. he just lets the ignorance flow. yeah, 50 is keeping it real... real dumb!

:hilarious: Sorry, i read this last nite and it waz funnier...but it waz even funnier the 2nd time around. :hilarious:

Who do I think is real/fake?

50 CENT & G-UNIT - Obviously fake. I'm gonna start with the one main reason that gets me so pissed off. Last week, after 50 cent and Game "buried their so called beef" they donated to a local New York City charity. This was clearly fake. Why? Because if they really cared then they wouldnt be rapping about the crap they are which is sex, money, drugs, guns and 50 pissing off every rapper in the game. They would be actually trying to be role models but they aren't. They think "hey we donate a couple hundred to the kids we'll be good people and feel good because we know we did a good deed" then they hit the studio and curse and curse and rap about the negative things they rap about. Like they really care, they are just in it for the money. I wouldn't even let young kids go near to them unless 50 and company cleaned up their act. Imagine if 50 cent had a positive rap image...yeah right. Another thing I hate about him is how f-ed up he is. I guess gettin shot 9 times makes your mouth mush. He cannot rap. His voice isnt clear at all...like he has anything good to say anyway right?

Now as im venting another thing that pisses me off is how once a rapper gets big, they get their bum friends off the street by letting them get some money by making an album when they clearly dont rap or have any rapping talent. They are just getting a free-ride from their friend to get rich quick. Take a look at G-Unit. All these bums off the street who got shot and were from the hood and yet they got no talent and nothing good to talk about. You'd think they learned from their experiences and to try and influence people? Guess not as they continue to poison the music, the art, the people and the world with negativeness and pure crap.

Ugh...im done for now.

Well a lot of the big home run hitters in major league baseball over the last 15 years have been using steroids, I'd call that actin' fake too, check this article I found at espn.com:

"Steroid allegations overshadow achievements

By Buster Olney, ESPN The Magazine

A newspaper report linking Mark McGwire to steroid use in the early 1990s all but guarantees that steroids will be as much a part of the former St. Louis Cardinals slugger's legacy as home runs, and adds more bulk to the evidence that -- from 1988 to 2004 -- baseball was thick with artificially enhanced stars.

Mark McGwire hasn't announced his decision on whether he'll appear at the March 17 hearing on steroids.

McGwire was known only for the home runs in the marvelous season of 1998, a year in which he wrecked Roger Maris' single-season record of 61 and finished with an incredible 70. Even an Associated Press story that summer about how he used Andro -- a steroid precursor -- did not dampen the enthusiasm. McGwire repeatedly denied using steroids, well into his retirement.

Now the New York Daily News has records that allegedly detail McGwire's steroid use, with the newspaper report coming on the heels of Jose Canseco's published assertions of steroid use by Major League Baseball players.

Dating to 1988, the American League and National League have distributed a total of 34 MVP awards. Of those, the winners of 13 -- almost 40 percent -- have been linked in some way to the steroid controversy, either through personal admissions, grand jury testimony, published accusations or congressional subpoenas.

In the same way, the six greatest single-season home run performances in baseball history -- three seasons of 63 or more by Sammy Sosa; two seasons of 65 and 70 by McGwire; and the 73 homers Barry Bonds clubbed in 2001 -- have been linked in some way to the steroid controversy.

There may be many more revelations to come -- and, ironically, probably for the same reason that some of the steroid users injected themselves: Money. The best-selling success of Canseco's book has demonstrated that anybody who claims to have inside knowledge and is willing to speak out -- and perhaps tell stories about former teammates -- can make some money. As the Daily News story demonstrates, we may be hearing more from personal trainers and steroid suppliers.

All indications are that this controversy won't deter most fans from paying to see games. Even as steroid suspicions swirled around Bonds last summer, the San Francisco Giants led the NL in road attendance as fans presumably flocked to see the player who will probably finish his career as the game's most prolific home run-hitter.

But the achievements of Bonds, Giambi, Caminiti and now McGwire will always be viewed through a clouded prism, instead of through the pure crystal that we remember Aaron, Mays, Robinson and Ruth.

Standing among the living members of 500-home run club before the All-Star Game last summer, commissioner Bud Selig proclaimed this was a golden age of baseball. Since then, two sluggers with him that day have been directly implicated with steroid use and another has been called to testify about steroids.

And history is destined to recall this period as baseball's Steroid Era."

And also theres another thread the 1 were 50 talks about em beefs will someone said jadakiss did why for pubicity whoever said that is wrong for putting dude down like that!

Um..it's obvious Jadakiss did "Why" for the publicity/controversy...look at his past material, look at the material on the album, and Why is the ONLY track with any real content. It's not a put down, it's the truth.

Anyway, after reading this thread, it seems alot of you are not answering the thread starters original question; 'Who is Real, and Who Is Fake', someone of you are talking about rappers not offering solutions to what they rap about. If what they rap about, is what they know, how are they being fake? They don't rap about 'saving the world', or 'being role models to kids', so saying that they curse in their raps is totally irrelevant to the topic.

Yes, it's good to vent about what you DISLIKE about the rap game as it is right now, but that's all you're doing, venting your dislike. And your dislike is not defining who is fake, and who's real.

Edited by KBlakk05

DA Brakes - He keeps it real :dancingcool:

Ah you guys!!! :kekeke: :kekeke: :kekeke:

But its true tho, why rap and portray yourself one way if its all fake. When I first started rapping it was awful. I didn't really know what to rap about so I kinda copied what I was hearing other rappers do! It was so outta character coz I was talking bout having gats and doing robberies. Ask anyone that knows me and they'll tell you thats not me at all..........and I was only 14!!

But as I got older and wiser, I figured out that you have to stay true to yourself and rap about stuff you experience and about who you are. Otherwise you just look like an idiot! Now if a young kid at the time can figure this out, why can't certain 'rappers' today do the same thing!

Ok now i understand the whole arguement about jadakiss and you said look at his past albums ok but anyway can't the same thing be said for will smith i'm shure life isn't all about clubbing i mean i respect dude alotta he's 1 of my fave rappers but before you judge jadakiss look at the dude your supporting and i'm not dissing will he says allott of positive things he's realer than most i'm was makeing an example anyways don't take this the wrong way!