JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

THEY SHOULD RE-RELEASE HE'S THE DJ, I'M THE RAPPER

Me and Wes were talking about He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper 2day...here's just an idae i came up with during our conversation.

Since He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper is an undeniable classic. And since people still love them, as a group, and as solo artists decent sales are guarenteed. It's time they re-release the album, remastered, and as a double disc with the extended versions of the trax that were only put on cassette and vinyl. They can fill up the rest of 2nd disc with the remixes and alternate versions of the the album trax off the singles.

They can also extend the CD cover cuz it always bugged me that all u see is Jeff and that "phantom hand" pointing at him...that's kinda creepy.

Hey, if someone gets me Jive's address and posts it, i'll write a letter 2 them about it. I'll also breifly mentioned remastering all the albums and adding bonus tracks. After that, anyone else who wants 2 can send them a letter 2.

I think that if Lost & Found is very succesful then they made do re-master teh classic JJFP albums. They re-released them when BWS style got big i think i heard so it would make sense. :afro:

AJ that is an excellent idea. Actually I think they shoulda remaster all of the albums. All albums except "Code Red" have older production in which you have to turn up the volume. Even Code Red is starting to do it. If "Lost & Found" goes platinum and has major hits, I think Jive will do something again.

How about also release the JJFP Greatest Hits video on DVD including more "making of the videos" and "The Things That U Do" video. Maybe put some live footage of concerts like at the Grammys and American Music Awards.

I think that if they get multiple requests, it's possible. As long as Lost + Found dose really well, and the receive letters while it's doing really well, they may consider it. Jive isn't doing much. NSYNC and Britney Spears aren't really doin' anything right now. R. Kelly's album had moderate success and the one with Jay-Z basically flopped. Nivea is comin' back out, but it's not like her single is blowin' up really big. Zomba re-opened LaFace under their wing and Usher is the only artists really makin' moves under that label.

I don't think that an album of b-sides and remixes is likely 2 happen. That stuff never happens these days. But if it did happen, it would only happen after they did something like remastering and re-releasing their original albums. It's one of those thing that would never happen if we don't try...so why not. It only takes 5-10 minutes to write an intellegent request for something like that.

That'd be great if a lot of the older JJFP were re-released and remastered again, Public Enemy's having all their classic albums released within the next year on other labels instead of Def Jam for some reason. :dunno: They haven't gone platinum in over 10 years now, so I don't see any reason why any JJFP albums can't be re-released since they're the highest selling hip-hop artists in hip-hop history, if companies re-release albums based on sales. "He's The DJ, i'm The Rapper" was a landmark hip-hop album, there should be no reason to not re-release it.

I think they should do what Michael Jackson did when he re-released all his album. Remaster them, but also throw on a bunch of bonus stuff. B-sides, alternate demo versions, and interviews.