JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

THE INCONSISTENCY OF JAZZ

One thing that always amused me waz the inconsistency of DJ Jazzy Jeff's character Jazz. In some episodes he's credited as DJ Jazzy Jeff, and in others he's credited as Jeffery A. Townes. That always cracked me up cuz serious actors always use their middle initial...and Jeff never intended on acting seriously). He made a deal with the producers that he wouldn't do a scene unless FP waz in the scene as well (no solo scenes). That's why u didn't see many scenes where FP wazn't on the set with him or entering/leaving the room shortly after being alone. In the later seasons, after it waz clear that there would be no JJ+FP albums, it looks like Jeff kinda gave in, cuz later seasons featured scenes where FP wazn't in them. Jeff also complained about being thrown out of the front door and getting a little banged up, which is why u'll see him wearing the same shirt in a few episodes.

The funniest thing 2 me waz that u see him on the basketball court in the "Yo! Home To Bel-Air" video/theme (which takes place in Philly), but then during the 2nd episode, FP meets him as a drummer from Cali.

Can anyone think of anything else?

• Admin

oh yeah theres a heap of inconsistencies with his character especially early on.. i think he eventually had to do some solo scenes with hilary :kekeke: and those scenes were really funny :kekeke:

This isn't really an inconsistency...but there's that episode where Hillary buys Uncle Phil and Aunt Viv those crazy ugly light green golf shirts...and their neighbor keeps breaking windows with flying golf balls. Close 2 the end of the episode, the neighbors come over, and Jeff is their gold caddie...and in that rediculous costume. He's only in the episode for like 3 seconds. I wonder if he flew out 2 LA just 2 shoot that then go home.

Looks like Jeff beat FP 2 the role of a golf caddie. FP had 2 wait until 2000 2 play on in The Legend of Bagger Vance.

Guest mjwife

there is also an inconsistency with wills mother.the mother who is used in the opening credits is not the same mother who played wills mom on fresh prince(vernee watson),she was a different woman.l remember jeff playing in a scene where will was not there,when will,carlton and philip went camping,jeffery and hillary were left home and trevor came over to see hilary and jazz came in and tried to spoil the romance between trevor and hillary.

there is also an inconsistency with wills mother.the mother who is used in the opening credits is not the same mother who played wills mom on fresh prince(vernee watson),she was a different woman.l remember jeff playing in a scene where will was not there,when will,carlton and philip went camping,jeffery and hillary were left home and trevor came over to see hilary and jazz came in and tried to spoil the romance between trevor and hillary.

lol. I don't think they ever intended to use her as Will's mother.

Anyway, Jeff. Pretty much anything I would have said has already been said. But I will say that he's just hilarious in the show.

"I guess nobody wants to eat the Pop Tarts that I made."

God Blessa!

I agree, i don't think they ever intended on using whoever played Will's mother in the video on the show. When they shot it, they probably didn't even know when they were gonna introduce the character in2 the show. That intro is strictly a music video. Notice that FP is the only person from the show the video....except for Jazzy.

I think this show is one of the only shows that could pull off so many inconsistencies. One thing about the character Jazz, if u compare how many lines he said on the entire series, his ratio of lines that got laffs are higher than anyone else's in the cast. Some people say he waz the butt of all the jokes, but he got the most laffs compared 2 the amount of screen time he had.

In the theme song, with that person who's supposed to be Will's mom, i heard that it was Will Smith in a disguise. But i don't think it's true because that person had blue eyes, and Will has brown eyes, and if you look closely at the face, it looks nothing like him. Does anyone know who that person is? :dunno:

the woman who plays will's mom in the opening credits looks almost like Karyn Parsons (hilary)... just in a costume hahaha...

i dunno... it honestly looks a little bit like her when she says "you're movin' with ur auntie and uncle in bel-air!"

Welcome to the board!

I have a question:

What is this "Warn: 0%" thing on my posts?

<-------------

I seem to be the only one who has that so does anyone know what that is????

Well that just says that you havent got any warnings from the moderators. Keep it that way and everybody will be happy :)

• Members

the woman who plays will's mom in the opening credits looks almost like Karyn Parsons (hilary)... just in a costume hahaha...

i dunno... it honestly looks a little bit like her when she says "you're movin' with ur auntie and uncle in bel-air!"

Welcome to the board!

thanks! nice to find a dope spot for Dj Jazzy Jeff/FP fans such as myself

:thumb:

I have a question about Jazz on the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air? Remember Jazz got married to Jewel an ex-con. Well in the another episode Jazz and Jewel want to have a baby but they couldn't so they asked Will to give up sum of his "little soldiers" but Will decides not to. But Jazz and Jewel tell him they don't need them because she is pregnante. Later on in another episode Jazz tells Will it didn't work out with Jewel but no mention of the baby. So my question is what happen to the baby? :confused3:

I have a question about Jazz on the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air? Remember Jazz got married to Jewel an ex-con. Well in the another episode Jazz and Jewel want to have a baby but they couldn't so they asked Will to give up sum of his "little soldiers" but Will decides not to. But Jazz and Jewel tell him they don't need them because she is pregnante. Later on in another episode Jazz tells Will it didn't work out with Jewel but no mention of the baby. So my question is what happen to the baby? :confused3:

Well you know, its a sitcom. Stuff in the sitcoms usually gets messed up one way or another...