JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The episode 72 hours

From jumptheshark.com...

"Does anyone remember the episode when Carlton was hanging out in Compton. He and Will made a bet that he couldn't last there. He ended up staying. They kept referring to Carlton going to Compton and hanging out in Compton, and Will and Aunt Vivian, and the rest of the family was acting like he was hanging out in a Crack House. He was hanging at Jazz's apartment with all these so called hardened street guys. He ended up giving the dudes he was hanging with investment advice and dressing like a gangbanger. He was even telling them what to do like where he was going to sleep. If that wasn't bad enough, when the episode re ran, he wasn't hanging in Compton anymore. They edited the tape to say something else. I guess the people in Compton got mad, and rightfully so. Sometimes, I wonder if I'm the only person that noticed that."

Edited by scyhigh99

Like the jumptheshark website said, it was probably edited b/c people, especially ppl from Compton, found it offensive. I understand it's a comedy and it was just a stupid storyline to accomodate lots of Carlton jokes, but it implied that it's nearly impossible to survive in that neighborhood for even one weekend. For families growin up there, I mean... that's not cool to make light of and exaggerate a community's problems like that. And again, it's a comedy, but the stereotyped "Compton-type" gangster characters in that episode were so over the top too

Edited by scyhigh99

• Members

i saw they episode in here america on TV they said cobb street and that got me to wonder if it was really compton that he was in or i had just created that in my mind cuz i neevr saw the oringal episodes air im only 13 and didnt dont remeber back then

• Members

yea like i said i saw it on nick@nite and i swear it was compton i found it hilarious and me and this was when i was tryin to get myu friend into will and i said they had compton on the show then i watched it again a whi,e ago and it said cobb sttreet sooo hmmmmmmmm