JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Downloading Music

scyhigh99

My own point of view:

I don't download much music, but only when a good new album get's released,

I'll download it, and test it, if I find it quality music, not just 1 song but the album,

I'll most certainly will buy it.

The only artist with which I'll buy the album without downloading is will smith.

Even if it's not good, it's something personal haha.

A couple years ago, I'd used to spent all my money on cd's,

do you know how frustrating it is to spend 20 euro's on a album

that's hyped and has the worst songs on it ?

I payed a lot of euro's to albums, that really sucked, in a big way.

My point is, you need to see it, in this case of music, hear it,

to know sure it's what you want.

So our music store, now has the option to listen to a whole album in the store,

and make your mind before you buy it, this is a great way for me.

When I went to buy lost & found for the 2nd time, I wanted to check the albums of

J-lo rebirth and Mimi's emancipation of mariah, so the owner of the store set it up for me and I listened to all of the songs on the album, I ditched mariah's latest one, and bought J-Lo's Rebirth, yes yes I know i know , still I liked the album :angel:

Downloading is a delicate situation, as you never can know for sure,

if the downloader actually just downloads without buying.

I wouldn't be mad if people downloaded mariah carey's album and not buy it,

but I would be mad if they download will's music and not buy it

:kekeke:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone might have already wrote this but in the words of Will Smit's "Switch"

"But don't download, go out and buy the record." Enough said.KG4MVP

• Members

Don't hate me for saying this, but I honestly feel that internet piracy is the only factor keeping rap music alive in my country. Because as a huge rap fan, I would say that atleast 50% of rap album don't get released here. And even the ones that do get released mostly come after a month or so after the original release date (only if it's Eminem, Will or 50). So downloading music is the only way for me to listen to the albums.

In fact even till today, The Game's "Documentary" hasn't been released even though it's such a massive hit in the US. And G-Unit's Beg For Mercy released after 1 year and a half and that too only in cassette. Also I had to download all of IceCube's album because except the Greatest Hits album, not even 1 album of Cube has released here in the past 14 years.

Same is the case with Lost & Found. I had to download the album because even now it is not there in any stores. But if whenever my fav. rap artist's album gets released, I make it a point to buy his album.

And I just want to say that downloading music, atleast for me, is not a free of cost thing because I have to pay MAD internet bills and it approx. comes more to what I pay in buying an album.

• Members

I download music every single day FOR FREE to be honest thats where i got all my JJFP music! I did go out and buy Lost&Found though!

Really?! Well, I have to download some things... I just can't buy everything! And I don't feel guilty or sumthin' because I think the music industry gets enough money from me! I got about 500 original CDs at home so I think it's okay when I download some stuff! :kool:

• Members

Really?! Well, I have to download some things... I just can't buy everything! And I don't feel guilty or sumthin' because I think the music industry gets enough money from me! I got about 500 original CDs at home so I think it's okay when I download some stuff! :kool:

:werd:

Really?! Well, I have to download some things... I just can't buy everything! And I don't feel guilty or sumthin' because I think the music industry gets enough money from me! I got about 500 original CDs at home so I think it's okay when I download some stuff!

Yes, 500 original CDs, it's a lot...

But, just by curiosity, can you tell me:

Since how many months/years do you download music?

How many CDs did you download?

And how many original CDs did you buy since you download?

P.S: I'm not from the police...

• Members

Really?! Well, I have to download some things... I just can't buy everything! And I don't feel guilty or sumthin' because I think the music industry gets enough money from me! I got about 500 original CDs at home so I think it's okay when I download some stuff!

Oh my God. The RIAA has raided the site! :cwm:

Whoa... that's hard to say! I only got internet since 2 years... so before I couldn't download any albums but I got some copies from other people, my friends and so on! I don't know exactly how much I download but I buy at least 5 CDs per month... but it could be more! Sometimes it could be more than 10, I often cop old CDs on eBay or Amazon because they aren't so expensive then! But I also didn't download everything that I haven't original... I still get music from my friends, so we share our stuff! It's really hard to say how much I exactly buy and download but I spend much money on CDs although I'm able to download them! And I really would love to get everything original but this is simply not possible! I'm just a music junkie and I need to have new music all the time but I don't have enough money to buy every album that I wanna have!

Whoa... that's hard to say! I only got internet since 2 years... so before I couldn't download any albums but I got some copies from other people, my friends and so on! I don't know exactly how much I download but I buy at least 5 CDs per month... but it could be more! Sometimes it could be more than 10, I often cop old CDs on eBay or Amazon because they aren't so expensive then! But I also didn't download everything that I haven't original... I still get music from my friends, so we share our stuff! It's really hard to say how much I exactly buy and download but I spend much money on CDs although I'm able to download them! And I really would love to get everything original but this is simply not possible! I'm just a music junkie and I need to have new music all the time but I don't have enough money to buy every album that I wanna have!

Wow...You download and buy at the same time at least 5 CDs per month!

It's OK. You can keep on downloading. You have my benediction!!!!!