JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

JJFP LIVE DVD(taped in LA)

That's crazy!!

I'm curious on how the DVD is being put 2gether. Since there are songs from 3 different record labels, that means ALOT of paperwork and stuff 4 a DVD with limited availability.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

That's crazy!!

I'm curious on how the DVD is being put 2gether. Since there are songs from 3 different record labels, that means ALOT of paperwork and stuff 4 a DVD with limited availability.

artists release "live dvds" with music from different labels all the time..an artist should be able to perform their own music live right? if they were puttin album versions on theyd have to get permission..but it should be okay for a live dvd :wiggle:

This is great! Unless this DVD is beeing released in sweden, someone is going to have to send this to me! And if Lerkot wants it to, you can send it in the same package and we can spilt it up and send to each other for a lower cost here in sweden. I want to live in the US right now! I want Wall-Mart!

Welcome to the board URSpider, you lucky bastard :thumb:

WalMart do advertise there name at the bigger Asda stores, so we'll just have to wait and see. I have one up here in Derby so will let the UK peeps know if it is out here.

• Members

Here is an articel on the taping from Teen Hollywood:

http://www.teenhollywood.com/d.asp?r=93983&cat=1035

You may have already heard actor/rapper Will Smith’s new club single “Switch” from his upcoming album “Lost and Found”, streetdate March 29th on Interscope Records. Inside a big soundstage next to the Burbank airport, a few members of the press joined family and friends of the superstar to watch Will and old pal DJ Jazzy Jeff perform raps from Will’s early career as well as some samples from his new album. The party was being taped by Wal-Mart for a special DVD.

Before Will joined us, strobeing purple and turquoise lighting gave way to oranges and reds as we saw a well-edited, multi-screen video retrospective of his film and rap careers up to his new single for the club tune “Switch”. Joined by DJ Jazzy Jeff, Will greeted his audience of widely-mixed ages and races and encouraged crowd shout-outs and participation. At one point, the superstar, who was upbeat and gracious throughout the show and still looks hot enough on stage to set off some serious squealing, quietly explained the origin of the album’s title. He felt he’d lost his promising rap career when he turned to TV and films. After introducing his family, including wife Jada Pinkett-Smith and their kids in the audience, the star went on to say that seeing Jada and her band Wicked Wisdom on stage rekindled the live performance fire in him and thus, this new record and his passion for rap rediscovered.Will and his talented dancers performed early hits “Gettin’ Jiggy Wit It”, “Summertime” and other Smith/Jazzy classics. In the middle of the show, red lights and sirens went off, we were told that aliens might be in the area and Will and dancers emerged in their M.I.B. garb for that familiar number.Will and his talented dancers performed early hits “Gettin’ Jiggy Wit It”, “Summertime” and other Smith/Jazzy classics. In the middle of the show, red lights and sirens went off, we were told that aliens might be in the area and Will and dancers emerged in their M.I.B. garb for that familiar number

• Members

Yep, that's exactly how it looked - I just don't have that kind of time for details! I missed three days of law school for the show so I'm WAY BEHIND - but SO WORTH IT. The set was pretty cool - the back up dancers were incredible: both talented and very cute. Thanks to everyone welcoming me to the board!

Here is an articel on the taping from Teen Hollywood:

http://www.teenhollywood.com/d.asp?r=93983&cat=1035

You may have already heard actor/rapper Will Smith’s new club single “Switch” from his upcoming album “Lost and Found”, streetdate March 29th on Interscope Records. Inside a big soundstage next to the Burbank airport, a few members of the press joined family and friends of the superstar to watch Will and old pal DJ Jazzy Jeff perform raps from Will’s early career as well as some samples from his new album. The party was being taped by Wal-Mart for a special DVD.

Before Will joined us, strobeing purple and turquoise lighting gave way to oranges and reds as we saw a well-edited, multi-screen video retrospective of his film and rap careers up to his new single for the club tune “Switch”. Joined by DJ Jazzy Jeff, Will greeted his audience of widely-mixed ages and races and encouraged crowd shout-outs and participation. At one point, the superstar, who was upbeat and gracious throughout the show and still looks hot enough on stage to set off some serious squealing, quietly explained the origin of the album’s title. He felt he’d lost his promising rap career when he turned to TV and films. After introducing his family, including wife Jada Pinkett-Smith and their kids in the audience, the star went on to say that seeing Jada and her band Wicked Wisdom on stage rekindled the live performance fire in him and thus, this new record and his passion for rap rediscovered.Will and his talented dancers performed early hits “Gettin’ Jiggy Wit It”, “Summertime” and other Smith/Jazzy classics. In the middle of the show, red lights and sirens went off, we were told that aliens might be in the area and Will and dancers emerged in their M.I.B. garb for that familiar number.Will and his talented dancers performed early hits “Gettin’ Jiggy Wit It”, “Summertime” and other Smith/Jazzy classics. In the middle of the show, red lights and sirens went off, we were told that aliens might be in the area and Will and dancers emerged in their M.I.B. garb for that familiar number

cool thnx :thumb:

i can't wait until it hits the shelves!

• Admin

quietly explained the origin of the album’s title. He felt he’d lost his promising rap career when he turned to TV and films. the star went on to say that seeing Jada and her band Wicked Wisdom on stage rekindled the live performance fire in him and thus, this new record and his passion for rap rediscovered.

this is really exciting... this is why lost and found will be wills best album :peace:

kwill02....you forgot the last part (page 5) of the article...

--------------------------------

Mary J. Blige who sings on the new album, came out and joined the rapper for “Tell Me Why”, a touching, anti-war, anti-chaos song Will penned. Things wrapped up with drummers and talented dancers in colorful, feathered costumes like they just got off the bus from the Carnivale in Rio for “Get the Party Started”. I went to the event expecting a couple of sample tunes from the new CD and got an hour-long show. Will’s basic message is peace and love… with a club beat. No hate rap here. Welcome back, Fresh Prince.

---------------------------

Ahh mannn an hour long dvd!!!! And maybe they'll pack bonus footage in it as well. i cant wait. WELCOME BACK JAZZY JEFF & FRESH PRINCE!!