JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Yearning for....

Ahh so i was browsing my mp3 collection on my computer and I wanted to play a song that I haven't really listened to. Well what do I pick out? "Summertime". And just wow this song just really makes me yearn for the summertime. It still sounds so fresh in the winter but now I want it to be summer already! Ahh I usually like winter but now I can't wait for it to end. Flawless production, timeless lyrics, one of the best rap songs in history right here. :dj: :rock:

I'm feeling u, man. I love the "Summertime," it's always been my favorite time of year. I have what i like 2 call 'Seasonal Perosonality Disorder." The weather and time of year totally effect my personality. In Autumn, i'm laidback back and very chill. In winter, i'm pretty chill and pretty tame. If i'm goin' thru' something, i'm not having any fun in life. In Spring, i start 2 get more energy and i'm alot more bubbley. In the Summertime, i'm just happy. Less responsibilities, warm weather, girls wearing less cloths (don't take that 2 pervertedly), longer days...just EVERYTHING.

In the Summertime, life is great even when it sucks. The vibe, traditions, the people home from skool...everything is just great. Since Sping is on the horizon, i'll be alright...but i'm feenin' 4 Summertime like crazy. I never listen 2 "Summertime" when it's not Summer...whenever i have tried it, it just dosen't feel right.

Oh I'll blast summertime as I come back from Spring Break, which is in a couple weeks. I feel what you guys are saying tho, Summertime is definetly a jam for the summer. Why is summer just such the perfect time of year? I dunno, not as much worries, almost care-free ALMOST, the "slimies" do dress shorter and the weathers just lovelier...That's the one song I try to listen for the radio to play just because I know a lot of people love that song, and if it plays I feel like JJFP did their part as far as music goes and impacted my city enough to keep it a tradition. So far it's play all the summers I've been there (Washington). The video is nice and nostalgic, but just nostalgic to the point where it shows the urbs and city, bbq, kids out of school. That song gives me so many memories of summer it's not even funny...hahah ok now i'm just ranting on and on, welp yal know what I mean. peace.

It's a tame winter, but here in Maryland, that 70 degree weather dosen't really hit until late April/early May. We usually get teased a few times in March and April, but it dosen't start staying warm until early May. That 1st day it hits 65 or 70, u get so excited that i'll throw on shorts and leave the hoodie at home. A few minutes later, i realize that i waz just excited about the weather and that i need 2 go back2 the crib and throw on jeans again. :roll:

Oh yeah. Summertime is the jam and will never get old. And AJ, there's nothing wrong wit girls wearin a lil less, as long as they look good. :thumb:

"...the guys will dress fly practicin pick-up lines

for the girls that look fine in the Summertime"

Summertime is the perfect song and how hard Will even trys, he wont do anything better, a little sad maybe but thats the truth. The song is really really timeless too, so I guess we can see it on MTV in the summer some more years.

Yeah I'm excited for the summer! Here in Utah we had a mild winter, not too much snow, and we were hitting 50 degrees in February, so the warm weather is comin' fast! I love the "Summertime" song. Even in the winter it puts me in a good mood. That is one of my all time favorite songs! YAY FOR SUMMERTIME!!! :switch: :thumb:

I was bumpin' that song quite a few times yesterday on my birthday, that made me feel pretty good and excited 'cause I know that time of year is comin' soon, I'm optimistic that this summer is gonna be better than the past couple summers considerin' that "Lost and Found" will be comin' out soon, I'll be having some more fun music to bump and meetin' some peeps.