JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

how should we do the next battle?

Hero1

hhmmm not sure bcoz some ppl cant post as soon as its up due 2 work or school and stuff. I know i will be really busy these next few months so i dont know if i should take part.

I think the voting could happen a lot faster, im not sure how we can do that tho.

Yeah, I think the main reason 4 the delay in the last battle waz cuz people were 2 busy. The people that sign up need 2 confirm that they can actually participate in it.

The other big delay i saw waz people getting their votes in. We need 2 get them in 2 whoever is in charge of the votes A.S.A.P.

Everything has 2 go smoothly 4 these battles 2 work and be over quickly. People being busy, delay with the votes, not enough judges, etc...these are all factors that slow down the battle.

• Members
Hey everyone
I think that maybe this battle could be in partners.... and maybe we could change it up a bit, like putting topics to the raps... still keepin in mind that two people are going against another 2. Just an idea! :dunno: :peace:

Man, we've like tried everything we can to keep it faster.
Personally, I'm running out of ideas, and it just makes me so mad when i'm expecting all the freestyles to be posted at such a day, and a week later is when they're posted.

So, what about sticking to the three days to post?

:werd: That would be hard 'cause a lot of us live in different time zones, so I really don't know how we'd be able to get on simutenously! :dunno:

Guest Prince
[quote=djsilvertiger,Apr 26 2004, 11:53 PM]I agree, same system as the last battle, just make deadlines to posting and voting.

God Blessa![/quote]
There were deadlines for both...

I think everyone needs to properly read the Rules & Fixtures thread properly before starting the battle. Then there would be less questions, meaning I was less frustrated, you were all less confused and the thing would run smoother... :peace:

[quote=Prince,Apr 27 2004, 07:00 PM][quote=djsilvertiger,Apr 26 2004, 11:53 PM] I agree, same system as the last battle, just make deadlines to posting and voting.

God Blessa![/quote]
There were deadlines for both...

I think everyone needs to properly read the Rules & Fixtures thread properly before starting the battle. Then there would be less questions, meaning I was less frustrated, you were all less confused and the thing would run smoother... :peace: [/quote]
I know that, but they weren't enforced.

God Blessa!

Guest Prince
I couldn't enforce everything because I knew that at the moment everyone is busy with exams and things, and since some people didn't seem to know about any rules post then it wouldn't have been fair to disqualify them.

The joys of being an organiser! lol :peace:

Guest Prince
[quote=WildWildWillennium,Apr 28 2004, 07:24 PM]If we make sure everyone can participate, the next one should run smoothly. :peace:[/quote]
Yeah that's true, but in all honesty if someone thinks that they may be busy in the near future, or knows they are doing something which will make them unable to participate then they should either let me know when they sign up, or don't put their names down at all.

im normally ok 2 post but i cant on tuesdays coz i work 12 hrs, but it always turns out that i need 2 post on that day lol. I think especially with the voting that can be a lot quicker bcoz it only takes a couple of minutes 2 post 4 that.

Just post the rules up and if ppl dont follow them show no mercy and disqualify them, and that includes me lol.